Which Woma?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcatbeastess

Not so new Member
Reaction score
First foray into the forum,
Have done lots of research and am ready to expand my collection to include a lovely Woma, found a reputable breeder, My quandary is now what type? They have yearling SA, Tanami and RHD available.
Whats the forums general opinion?

I guess it's really up to what locality you find most appealing. I have a preference to Tanami and Topaz (SA), though the RHDs with reduced patterning and a solid dorsal stripe are just stunning. I currently have a Tanami and I love her to bits.

I'd pick RHD over Tanamis any day, although both can be quite similar.
They all are pretty much the same at the end of the day so just pick which one appeals to you most :)

Do you really have to pick just one? I have a uluru and a tanami, but think all the localities are gorgeous in there own right. A nice SA is next on my woma list but there are so stunning RHD's around.

If you can see pics of the parents it can make it easier to choose. The snake you think is the prettiest buy one of their offspring.

Do you really have to pick just one? I have a uluru and a tanami, but think all the localities are gorgeous in there own right. A nice SA is next on my woma list but there are so stunning RHD's around.

If you can see pics of the parents it can make it easier to choose. The snake you think is the prettiest buy one of their offspring.

I could have written that myself :) I have a pair of Uluru's and a gorgeous Tanami and a SA is next on my list as well :) Gotta love the Woma's :)

i have a tanami male woma and i love him, just pick the one you like best. but i'd pic temperment over looks for a begginer.

out of those 3 choices really comes down to what appeals to you and the size you want it to get to.
SA tend to be larger woma's. For me out of those 3 would be the RHD. But with womas it comes down to what grabs your eye.
Any woma is a good woma :)

Personally I've never had a thing for Tanamis but that's just me. The RHD's going around at the moment are really beautiful. For some reason I've always had a bit of a thing for SA womas. In saying this, they vary greatly and the particular colouration preference is different for each. Personally I can't get over No-Two's :) they're just so damn beautiful!!!!

Brett, I'm surprised u didn't give the Rabbit Flat's a plug.......;)

If I were the OP I would seriously consider one of your Woma's.

Personally the Boodaries are my favourite. If it isnt the WA animals that grab ya for an NT locale the Rabbit Flat are up there and the RP/spotted are in a league of there own.

But bigcatbeastess is in SA and has found a few locally. Still RHD out of the 3 of choice stated.

Honestly, out of all the Woma's, I would have to say RHD, they are best in my books, however I just love their colour and pattern.

It really does come down to preference of what they look like. As most Woma's I have been in contact with have been puppy dogs. Some can be snappy but the ones I have met have either been underfed or have burns all over them so dont blame them for being so.

Probably not much help but I have a tanami and next on my list is a topaz or reduced pattern.

Which ever you go for, you're on the right track because you've decided on a woma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back