pro herp heat panels

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jibbyt

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Why did I not discover these before. So easy, so good, so neat. Thanks Pro Herp.

How hot do the panels themselves get?

I'm assuming they radiate heat downwards to create a thermostat controlled hotspot for reptiles, is this the case?

Do you just mount them on the roof pointing down? How do you know what size to get?

Panels are safe to touch, wont burn reptiles. 2 screws mounted on roof, simple. I emailed them with cage dimensions and they gave me size and great advice. Im getting more.

Awesome! Thanks. I'm probably putting them in my next build.

Do they create a hotspot or just overall heat and you need to supply a hotspot by other means?

While they will heat the cage they throw a very good basking spot about 8 inches directly underneath . A shelf in this position becomes very popular for basking .

Completely converted to heat panels/radiators. Only used Habistat (75w), but have referred friends to Pro Herp ones (smaller enclosures).

Taken all the pain of globes out of my life :)

I recently bought four. Really happy with them. Emits a nice gentle heat and snakes cannot burn themselves. Looks good and neat and tidy too.

They raise the whole enclosures ambient temperature also.

I love proherp panels! Best things ever!!
(great guys to deal with too)

If they weren't so expensive I'd buy them for all my enclosures. Instead it's cheaper for me to make them with 10mm core flute and a heat cord. Ends up $40 a panel instead of $140. I'm still getting the same temps above and bellow my shelves as I do with the pro herp panel I have too. Both 80w panel and 80w heat cord.

How hot does the timber it is mounted to get? If you mount the probe for a thermostat somewhere below it for a basking spot or warming ambient, hot air rises so the heat its emitting will be a bit hotter by the time the area at the probe reaches the set temp but how much hotter?

How hot does the timber it is mounted to get? If you mount the probe for a thermostat somewhere below it for a basking spot or warming ambient, hot air rises so the heat its emitting will be a bit hotter by the time the area at the probe reaches the set temp but how much hotter?
I just have the probe on top of the shelf the panel sits under. As long as the shelf surface is 35 degrees I'm not too fussed how warm it is under it. Generally I'm getting about 32 degrees under it. But it all depends how high the shelf is as to how warm it gets underneath. Or how high a basking spot is placed under the panel.

I have mine attached to a basking shelf so the snake can choose if it wants basking or belly heat. With the probe about six inches below the panel, the top of the shelf gets to almost exactly the same as the basking spot. I'd love to say I meant this all along but I feel it was more of a coincidence than my ingenious set up method. Either way, to answer your question, it doesn't get that hot. They are designed to radiate mostly outward

thanks, i was thinking of using one to warm the ambient air as i'll be making quite a large enclosure (1500x1200x550) and building a basking shelf 2/3-3/4 of the way to the top and using heatcord to heat it but don't think the cord would heat the ambient air enough (at all really) and would most likely have the cord running non-stop.

I use Proherp panels for all my snakes,so easy to set up with a pulse pro thermostat(I use Habistat) also came in handy to have a couple of 40W panels because I used one for my partners beardie for night time heat.The customer service is excellent,so more positives than the negatives with pricing,this is just my opinion.

thanks, i was thinking of using one to warm the ambient air as i'll be making quite a large enclosure (1500x1200x550) and building a basking shelf 2/3-3/4 of the way to the top and using heatcord to heat it but don't think the cord would heat the ambient air enough (at all really) and would most likely have the cord running non-stop.
It's all about how you use the cord. I can get the same temps with cord as I do with my heat panel no problems.
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=287264&d=1364900378

How do you find the core flute holds up with the heat? Looks like a nice neat setup snowman.

What sort of distance does the heat transfer down? 30cm or so?

The coreflute can handle the heat no problem. The heat under it is really a by product of me wanting a belly heated shelf. Though they seem trouse both equally. Yeah about 20-30cm usually gives me 29-32 degrees under it. I hair keep the top at 35 and leave the underside to be whatever though.
Sourcing 10mm coreflute can be a pain though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back