Phobias

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spiders! I can do small and daddy long legs but thats about it! As I have got older heights, and confined spaces, tsunamis. I always have an escape plan, everywhere i go I know the way out and which way I would go in an emergency.

not afraid of much but heights at times like on rides if it does not feel safe and deep dark water as my mum always told me sharks would kill me and eat me if i swam out to far.

Actually, sharks are really highly unlikely to attack humans :D My dad takes me out diving in deep waters every year for my birthday :D (No cage, cages are good for photos but not as fun :p) I have only seen a few sharks though :( The great white was my favorite! They don't attack, just curious creatures! ^.^ I guess I only feel safe around them because my dad has dived with them 1000 of times (He grew up on the beach!)

Sorry, just thought I'd add you some re-assurance:) (Just don't go on a surfboard or with a cut :/)

Please no judgement!!! I have clavicaphobia.... Fear of someone touching my collarbone. Can't explain it, just freaks me out, I gag and dry reach whenever someone does it and for that exact reason I rarely tell people haha

Not afraid of all that much. I'll admit im a cautious person but ONLY when it comes to people. It's weird. I've never trusted humans much, animals on the other hand.. :)

I'm also kinda scared of failing uni lol but that's another thing. I have no idea what to do! Hahaha

Actually, sharks are really highly unlikely to attack humans :D My dad takes me out diving in deep waters every year for my birthday :D (No cage, cages are good for photos but not as fun :p) I have only seen a few sharks though :( The great white was my favorite! They don't attack, just curious creatures! ^.^ I guess I only feel safe around them because my dad has dived with them 1000 of times (He grew up on the beach!)

Sorry, just thought I'd add you some re-assurance:) (Just don't go on a surfboard or with a cut :/)

+1 they are gorgeous creatures :) I don't like cages much either. I love the idea of being able to swim freely with them and not have that fear. I need to come to SA. Some nice shark diving places around there!

I've already talked about mine on here. I have quite a big phobia of clowns. I'm also slightly scared of dolls.

Down here we all float!

Needles, but snake bites dont worry me. It is the only thing I am scared of..

Can't stand needles, can't watch it on me or others or even tv shows. Definitely could never be a junky.

I have a fear of snakes, due to my fathers influence. I am dealing with it as I have a 5 mth old coastal now. He amazes and terrifies me at the same time. It is an invigorating feeling.

I couldn't give a toss about a few needles. I have had many at school and others for travel etc. they don't bother me in the least.

I watched a video of some man and his mates chucking a dog off a building. I have never been so upset or distressed in my life. That video scared me and scarred me for life.

I couldn't give a toss about a few needles. I have had many at school and others for travel etc. they don't bother me in the least.

I watched a video of some man and his mates chucking a dog off a building. I have never been so upset or distressed in my life. That video scared me and scarred me for life.

+1 I HATE videos on Facebook with animal/child abuse or even pics "like if you're against animal abuse" I just think putting images like that on people's newsfeed is doing nothing to stop it

seeing a web with no spider and wondering where the hell that spider is sends a shiver down my spine

Not afraid of all that much. I'll admit im a cautious person but ONLY when it comes to people. It's weird. I've never trusted humans much, animals on the other hand.. :)

I'm also kinda scared of failing uni lol but that's another thing. I have no idea what to do! Hahaha
I totally agree with all of that! not sure what it is though....

Last edited:

I totally agree with all of that! not sure what it is though....

I don't trust people in the slightest. :?

I am terrified of snakes. Absolutely terrified.
I have said before that I think there is one in every bush waiting to attack me.
Any grass longer than ankle height and I get a racing heart and scan constantly for snakes weighting to get me!!!
I am so totally pathetic that when bushwalking I make my 7 year old and 9 year old daughters walk before me!!!

Now with my little stimson hatchling he freaks me out. It is his eyes watching me. When I hold him I have to have a jumper on and if he comes towards my head my husband has to rescue me!!!

I also don't like heights but that is more that I'm afraid my kids are going to fall. Kids are so erratic and clumsy!!!

I am terrified of snakes. Absolutely terrified.
I have said before that I think there is one in every bush waiting to attack me.
Any grass longer than ankle height and I get a racing heart and scan constantly for snakes weighting to get me!!!
I am so totally pathetic that when bushwalking I make my 7 year old and 9 year old daughters walk before me!!!

Now with my little stimson hatchling he freaks me out. It is his eyes watching me. When I hold him I have to have a jumper on and if he comes towards my head my husband has to rescue me!!!

I also don't like heights but that is more that I'm afraid my kids are going to fall. Kids are so erratic and clumsy!!!

Sounds a bit like my Mum. She has a massive phobia of snakes. It has being really interesting moving back in for a couple of months. I can now have my woma hatchy in the same room as her now which was a bit step. It will be a while before my adult woma will get to that stage. I don't think she will ever get to the stage of being able to touch them.

I am really proud of her though, she is letting me stay with her intil I find a rental. Before she met my womas she couldn't even look at a picture of a snake without shaking. She can now look at my little hatchy while he is out of his enclosure and is fine with looking at my adult through the glass. She is very interested in them even if thy do scare them and has asked me lots of questions about snakes in general.

Where as, if I had spiders instead, it would have being a different story because Dad has the worse phobia of spiders I have ever seen. When I was 6 I remember having to get rid of all the daddy long legs in his room because Mum wasn't home. Mind you there aren't many spiders in the UK so he has had a few shocks moving to Australia.

....I can't have or have anyone else that is near me, wear socks in bed.. I don't know why, it just freaks me out and makes me really anxious, I hate them!
Interesting, never heard that one before. Everyone is different.
It does not seem to be that unusual, particularly in New Zealand. While travelling there I was told by a number of ladies: “We can go to bed, but no socks, OK?”.

While travelling there I was told by a number of ladies: “We can go to bed, but no socks, OK?”.

That's awesome :) Possibly the most awesome post I've ever read on here. I want to make it my signature :)

There are two things that tend to really frighten me - walking into sticky spiderwebs in the dark and my wife.

Agreed. I look like I'm having a seizure if I walk into a spider web in the dark and my wife scares the crap out of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back