breeding my blackhead python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt.S

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Im wanting to breed my blackhead python have not breed snakes before is it to late to start cooling them down now and what temps do i cool them down to and for how long?

might be a little late as most are starting intro's now...needs to have day heat and get down to about 19oC at night for a month or so before they are ready.

Most would have had last feeds by now which have digested and the cooling process already well and truly started.

I thought i missed out might just give this year a miss and try next year thanks everyone for the replys

try put them together anyways, if they fight then could be not ready, or 2 males. if the female strikes the make then the pair may not be soul mates ;) she might just not like him or she may not be ready. check her belly for small lumps/egg follicles if she has none then her tummy may seem empty. if you put them together watch them don't leave them, make sure everything is calm in there. and buy the keeping and breeding Australian pythons book its a breeders bible.

To be honest if you are asking these question you should wait until you have done some more research. Don't take that the wrong way, just trying to save you some heart ache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back