Freighting Sydney to Newcastle with REX?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spongebob

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was on the phone to Qantas Air Freight ( was AaE) about sending herps to Newcastle on Saturdays. Apparently there are no Qantas flights going in (and Jetstar doesn't carry livestock) except for a direct Sydney to Newcastle with REX airlines. Apparently my consignment can go with REX. This is news to me and I wondered if anyone has experience of using them? It will be under the Qantas Air Freight system and I thought REX was a competitor?

Used them a few times over the years,I think it was to wagga and tamworth ?
Was all straight foward.

Rex is their regional service (I believe).
I have used them from Melb to Mt Gambier.

You could go Sydney Brisbane then Brisbane Newcastle, or Sydney Melbourne then Melbourne Newcastle

Newcastle won't accept reptiles or any live consignments . They should of told you that. It's the set up of the airport. I don't think they are doing any freight at all now.

Newcastle won't accept reptiles or any live consignments . They should of told you that. It's the set up of the airport. I don't think they are doing any freight at all now.

Not what they said today. I'll check though when I make the booking.

your best off trying a courier company, i had reptiles sent from newcastle to sydney and it was easy and very smooth transaction.

I would. They stopped it there as no where to accept ect,

I was able to recieve some snakes, was hoping to send 2 off to SA from Newcastle airport next week :/
I dont really want to do the whole travel down to sydney thing.... Hmm will have to check it out.

I was able to recieve some snakes, was hoping to send 2 off to SA from Newcastle airport next week :/
I dont really want to do the whole travel down to sydney thing.... Hmm will have to check it out.

Specially not the airport and the 2-3 hour drive tolls and then parking.

Newcastle AAE terminal is being demolished and rebuilt. A temporary office is operating in the terminal near the oversized baggage checkin.They operate 7 day aweek, but perhaps that is only for account customers. There are a number of Quantas flights on Saturday to Newcastle from both Brisbane and Melbourne. Check the net.

Just an update.

Booking made with REX and I asked about the depot being open. I was put on hold while she called the Newcastle depot and yes they are aware and able to receive.

Wokka, Ive been doing a lot of checking timetables on the net. The only Qantas flight into Newcastle over the weekend that I can see is QF2427 on Sunday evening. All other flights are either Jetstar or REX. I'm happy to be proven wrong. Can you give me some flight numbers?

Hopefully this will all work on Saturday. I'll let you know

Specially not the airport and the 2-3 hour drive tolls and then parking.

Yep exactly,
Weren't able to get onto them today, very busy.
However I thought if they received animals then they would send animals?

I got the 2 jungles last Wednesday and they didnt have a problem with that.

Just an update.

Booking made with REX and I asked about the depot being open. I was put on hold while she called the Newcastle depot and yes they are aware and able to receive.

Wokka, Ive been doing a lot of checking timetables on the net. The only Qantas flight into Newcastle over the weekend that I can see is QF2427 on Sunday evening. All other flights are either Jetstar or REX. I'm happy to be proven wrong. Can you give me some flight numbers?

Hopefully this will all work on Saturday. I'll let you know
For the future Jetstar flights are fine to use.There are 3-4 each day from both Brisbane and Melbourne

Yeah I will second that Jetstar wont carry reptiles.

Quick update. It all worked out fine. So for future reference anyone freighting to Newcastle at weekends can only use REX. There are no Qantas flights in ( except one late on Sunday), Jetstar doesn't carry livestock and the Qantas Air Freight depot is open.
The staff at Sydney were really helpful (as usual) and when I walked in with two boxes I had two staff (at one point three!) attend to me. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back