Alligator hunting???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathetic. Talk about fish in a barrel. He must be very proud.

I can't believe they called him a school boy -_- He's already an adult...and has no respect

But it seems that is the usual way they 'hunt' there?
Not just the kids fault??

Years ago I went fishing in Papua around midnight
They used a huge hook to catch a big croc from a dugout
Then used a machete to kill it, while dugout was virtually underwater with croc going crazy
Fishermen often didnt make it back home
Maybe that could be called hunting

When its hooked and can't go anywhere, that's not hunting, that's extermination!!!

so how is that different to "fishing"?

Huge difference between sport fishing, which is technically hunting
and commercial fishing, which is food collection

Ever watch that show Swamp People? its appalling to watch, they set up lots of lines (hook & bait) then go back an systematically check them... an alligator could be hooked for hours before they get there and shoot it at close range... Its barbaric and not even close to being a sport :cry:

Fricken rednecks, bet he has a small willy.

Ever watch that show Swamp People? its appalling to watch, they set up lots of lines (hook & bait) then go back an systematically check them... an alligator could be hooked for hours before they get there and shoot it at close range... Its barbaric and not even close to being a sport :cry:

Its not a sport, its an alligator cull for a month each year to keep numbers under control.
The parks and wildlife do numbers surveys each year and then ascertain how many tags will be available.

Yeah I hate those gator "hunters" on tv that think they are tough because they can shoot an alligator. I get that hunting is a living for some but they don't need to act like heroes.

Wow, what a hero being so brave and killing a huge dangerous animal twice his age. I want to be just like him one day -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back