Frilly, HELP ME PLEASE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tablemanners

Reaction score
Hey Ladies and Gents,
So basically I'm very keen to get a frilly and have started looking into it. I am however a research addict when it comes to getting a new animal. I have looked at a few care sheets and they are very vague. I was wondering if anyone could link me to a caresheet or just straight up tell me the following:

-Caging
-Temps
-Diet
-Bulbs
-Other important facts

Please help me out if you have the time. I have searched for about an hour now and everyone thing is so vague, giving not exact temperatures and what not.

Cheers in advance, Mitch

Hi,
I have the baby Frillys for sale. I can't say that I'm in any way an expert in these reptiles. I have never owned any other reptile at all! And i have only had these guys coming up to 4 years! I bought the pair I have as babies and they have bred for me for the last 2 years, so I must be doing something good!
#care-I keep my Frillys separate from each other as there is always one more dominant over the other. And this I find can cause the good old SULK. Only putting them together when the weather warms up for breeding!
I keep my frilly 100% inside, and they are in melamine enclosures. I try and keep it as natural as possible! With wood chip bark on the floor of the enclosure, big rocks under the heat bulb for basking and big logs for hiding and climbing.
#temps- there is information out there on recommended temps, but I have a reptile Fluro for UVB and UVA and I also have a 100 watt spot beam light bulb at one end of the enclosure for their heat! They love the heat...
#diet-mainly crickets, woodie roaches, meal worms, repcal beardie pellets, and as a treat pinky mice.
if handled all the time they are very calm and collected! But I not they are very strong and can cause some damage with their claws (very sharp) I handle the mother all the time, but the big daddy I don't handle a lot but when I do he has never ever bitten me!
hope this helps a bit!

Hi,
I have the baby Frillys for sale. I can't say that I'm in any way an expert in these reptiles. I have never owned any other reptile at all! And i have only had these guys coming up to 4 years! I bought the pair I have as babies and they have bred for me for the last 2 years, so I must be doing something good!
#care-I keep my Frillys separate from each other as there is always one more dominant over the other. And this I find can cause the good old SULK. Only putting them together when the weather warms up for breeding!
I keep my frilly 100% inside, and they are in melamine enclosures. I try and keep it as natural as possible! With wood chip bark on the floor of the enclosure, big rocks under the heat bulb for basking and big logs for hiding and climbing.
#temps- there is information out there on recommended temps, but I have a reptile Fluro for UVB and UVA and I also have a 100 watt spot beam light bulb at one end of the enclosure for their heat! They love the heat...
#diet-mainly crickets, woodie roaches, meal worms, repcal beardie pellets, and as a treat pinky mice.
if handled all the time they are very calm and collected! But I not they are very strong and can cause some damage with their claws (very sharp) I handle the mother all the time, but the big daddy I don't handle a lot but when I do he has never ever bitten me!
hope this helps a bit!

Wow thanks heaps!
Don't suppose you could give me an estimate on how much Juveniles eat and how much adults do?
Also do I turn off the heat at night, is heating the same for hatchies?

cheers

Hey
The babies eat up to 3-4 crickets every few days! Dont feed babies meal worms until they are about 6 months of age, can cause blockage problems! Coming up to winter I would keep heating going through the night until they are older. Then it's fine to turn off heating in the warmer months when they are older. Adults can eat quite a bit I always have the pellets in the containers all the time! And offer meal worms or crickets every day and pinkie mice once or twice a week! Feeding slows down during winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back