Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't buy into all the conspiracy theories to do with 'Big Pharma', for me Cymbalta was bad stuff. The withdrawals were crazy even an hour or two after the usual time of taking them and after a few months it just wasn't working. Getting off it was a LONG process. I bought empty capsules and literally counted out the grains to make up my own capsules to get off it. Each day a grain less. Good luck with it.
Anti anxiety medication is big news at the moment with benzodiazepine being changed from a schedule four drug to being a schedule eight drug.

Anti anxiety medication is big news at the moment with benzodiazepine being changed from a schedule four drug to being a schedule eight drug.

Benzo's are rarely prescribed for anxiety as they are ineffective in the long term as the patient builds up a tolerance and they are highly addictive. Cymbalta is an antidepressant and no relation to benzodiazepine. I do think that the addictiveness of antidepressants should be considered before prescribing them though.

Yeah its going to be terrible to get off. In addition, although it has done wonders for my anxiety and depression, it has led to such and increase of potential addictions! Im smoking and drinking again after several years sober. But i feel fantastic. Ive been on Effexor before and had terrible reactions (overstimulation, INTENSE insomnia - im talking not sleeping two or three nights at a time! anxiety, self-mutilation FROM intense anxiety - it made me feel more crazy than anything else!). Cymbalta when i started was like a ray of light through dark clouds. Now i just worry what i will have to do to get off it later.

i suffer from social anxiety and can not deal with certain situations unless being medicated, back wen i use to take the meds they use to give me anti depressants to treat anxiety.

i was on a few, first one turned me into a numb zombie, i was so with drawn and numb. secound one was better i think it was called lexapro or something simular. but it didn't help with the anxiety only, it was more for depression which at the time i did not suffer with so i just decided to not take the meds and avoid situations i know trigger it.

Yeah its going to be terrible to get off. In addition, although it has done wonders for my anxiety and depression, it has led to such and increase of potential addictions! Im smoking and drinking again after several years sober. But i feel fantastic. Ive been on Effexor before and had terrible reactions (overstimulation, INTENSE insomnia - im talking not sleeping two or three nights at a time! anxiety, self-mutilation FROM intense anxiety - it made me feel more crazy than anything else!). Cymbalta when i started was like a ray of light through dark clouds. Now i just worry what i will have to do to get off it later.

Cymbalta and Effexor are in the same class of antidepressants. I've never been into self mutilation so I can't speak to that but when I was on Cymbalta I was still a smoker and I doubled the amount I was smoking.

Ok...So when my son was about 2 1/2 yrs old, he was able to climb out of his cot or play-pen. I'd put him down for a nap, he'd pretend to go to sleep then when I left the room he'd be up & over the railing in a flash. This meant we had to move his cot into our bedroom & then lock the door at night ensuring that we could sleep safely knowing he was still in the bedroom & not roaming the apartment.

Anyway one morning I woke up with the nagging feeling that I slept through my mobile phone's alarm...only to find that my mobile wasn't on my bedside table where I always leave it.
I nudged my missus awake to check her phone for the time & to her surprise her phone wasn't where she left it either.

I gave my son a curious look & asked politely where my phone was.
He looked straight back at me with that innocent "You asked the question...you won't like the answer"-look & pointed to the window.
No point shouting or yelling at him, I could only sadly laugh....the kid had thrown my mobile out the window the moment the alarm went off.

My missus' reaction was totally the opposite to mine when she found out the kid had thrown her mobile out the window too.
lucky he didnt climb out the window

my vent:
Back pain (and ****ty doctors)
I've had xrays, CT's and MRI's
still no answer as to why i'm in constant pain... it feels muscular and starts mostly when i'm laying down (hooray for no sleep!)
begins over my left kidney and radiates up and down my back.. the pain is usually a 7/10 (today is a 5ish) and I'm so freaking over it!
I've been prescribed many many things but nothing has helped long enough for me to sleep. even with endone i was still in pain...
it's negatively affecting my university and work (and sanity) and i've had it.. there have been days where i was so over the pain and lack of sleep that i was just done with life...

pixie - i had something like that that turned into full-bore kidney infections (recurring). Id say definitely get some tests done. You dont want to wake screaming in the night with septicemia and a kidney the size of your head!!

skeptic - although they are both SNRIs they have had VASTLY different effects for me (cymbalta seems to leave me lethargic if anything, whereas on effexor i was a hyperactive squirrel on PCP lol.). Because of their similarity i was very sceptical of the effectiveness of changing onto the cymbalta. I am stunned and incredibly relieved that it worked so well.

pixie - i had something like that that turned into full-bore kidney infections (recurring). Id say definitely get some tests done. You dont want to wake screaming in the night with septicemia and a kidney the size of your head!!

skeptic - although they are both SNRIs they have had VASTLY different effects for me (cymbalta seems to leave me lethargic if anything, whereas on effexor i was a hyperactive squirrel on PCP lol.). Because of their similarity i was very sceptical of the effectiveness of changing onto the cymbalta. I am stunned and incredibly relieved that it worked so well.

I hope that it continues to work well for you

View attachment 290218
I know you've all probably seen his picture before, and the story is it was 'captured', and released. My question, why is in a pillow case, and that said, I know the captor apparently has a DMP, but why would you guys be out in the middle of nowhere, carting around pillow cases to photograph reptiles???. I am sure you were simply removing it from danger, oh yeah....

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 290218
I know you've all probably seen his picture before, and the story is it was 'captured', and released. My question, why is in a pillow case, and that said, I know the captor apparently has a DMP, but why would you guys be out in the middle of nowhere, carting around pillow cases to photograph reptiles???. I am sure you were simply removing it from danger, oh yeah....
When snakes are removed they are put in bags and pillowcases. Of course when you take it to be released its going to still be in its capture bag. What did you think relocators do, take all snakes out of their bags and walk them into the bush? Not a very great idea when working with elapids. Did it cross your mind that they might not have had a camera when capturing as they didn't know the snake would be like that? Would have gone home picked up a camera and then taken the snake to be released where they got the pictures. Simple and no reason to stress out.
Cheers Cameron

after a really bad 2 weeks i had to have a house inspection today, got complaints about a few small dents in the colour bond fence so i have to call someone out to fix the dents. does anyone know someone who fixes dents in colour bond fences? lol they are only tiny ones.

also found my female beardie dropped 21 eggs this morning.

i'm so tired and my 2 year old is running around all hyper.

thanks, its my first lot of beardie eggs. hope at least a few hatch.

I am so mad right now! I have just recently published my website (2 months ago) and someone else in the exact same town as me has opened their own business and copied all of the information from my site! Beside a little re-wording there are the exact same headings, the exact same points of information, care guides, articles, statistics about the breeding animals and all of the other information! They even copied the prices that I sell my animals for! :evil:Luckily I wrote some large articles and they haven't wrote that up...yet. I am just so mad that someone would do this! If they want a business they could at least write their own info and make their own site :( Not copy someone else's with very little effort! It took me so long to put this site together and make sure every little detail was perfect and it looked great...and now someone has copied all of it. The lay out and all :( I spent time collecting information from experience and talking to other breeders and writing everything up from scratch! Now they have just taken it from me....At least they haven't taken my logo, name or pictures.
I paid for my site too, so it is its own domain. I thought this meant it was copyright?

I am just really really disapointed that someone would do this and scared to that they are going to steel my business away...it's not about the money either. I'm just scared I won't be able to breed my animals anymore as they will go to the other person instead and I won't be able to find homes for them :( I know that people will prefer to go to them as I am only a kid and they are an adult, they will think I am irresponsible just because I'm only 14...

Sorry for the rant...I am just annoyed, angry, sad and disapointed that people would do this :(

I am so mad right now! I have just recently published my website (2 months ago) and someone else in the exact same town as me has opened their own business and copied all of the information from my site! Beside a little re-wording there are the exact same headings, the exact same points of information, care guides, articles, statistics about the breeding animals and all of the other information! They even copied the prices that I sell my animals for! :evil:Luckily I wrote some large articles and they haven't wrote that up...yet. I am just so mad that someone would do this! If they want a business they could at least write their own info and make their own site :( Not copy someone else's with very little effort! It took me so long to put this site together and make sure every little detail was perfect and it looked great...and now someone has copied all of it. The lay out and all :( I spent time collecting information from experience and talking to other breeders and writing everything up from scratch! Now they have just taken it from me....At least they haven't taken my logo, name or pictures.
I paid for my site too, so it is its own domain. I thought this meant it was copyright?

I am just really really disapointed that someone would do this and scared to that they are going to steel my business away...it's not about the money either. I'm just scared I won't be able to breed my animals anymore as they will go to the other person instead and I won't be able to find homes for them :( I know that people will prefer to go to them as I am only a kid and they are an adult, they will think I am irresponsible just because I'm only 14...

Sorry for the rant...I am just annoyed, angry, sad and disapointed that people would do this :(

What's your site?

Finally after 12 years of playing the same beginner level drum kit I finally bit the bullet and purchased a pro level drum kit :)

Mapex Black Panther Black Widow...

black-widow-1.jpg

I just wish it didn't cost $3500 :\

I feel like total crap.

Second day on pristiq 50mg and i haven't slept in 48 hours. Been nauseous and vomiting constantly. Constantly restless but feel completely drained of energy. Can't focus on anything, thoughts are going a million miles an hour.

This stuff is terrible. :(

Went in to work tonight to do night shift (6pm-6am). No one there, phoned my team leader who didn't pick up, phoned the tradesman I was doing the night shift with "Oh, that got cancelled last week, didn't anyone tell you?".

So I've messed up my sleep pattern expecting to do a weeks worth of night shift to find out it's not even on, hooray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back