Video Free Handling RBB

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like a mention in the video about the fact that this snake has the potential to be fatally venomous, and should only be free handled under the circumstances that the snake is calm and captive raised and only by an experienced person (I may have missed this, correct me if he said something similar). Other than that, I see no difference between a RBB and a python that have been captive raised and handled since birth. Both vens and non-vens can learn that you are no threat, and that they have no reason to fear you (and thus bite you). The fact that it's an elapid only means if you make a silly mistake and don't handle it with the respect it deserves, consequences can be more severe. Just my two cents on elapid handling.

It's a nice video but I doubt I"d ever be game enough to do that.
He does seem like a nice bloke and knows his stuff but still.
All it would take is one bite... Not worth the risk in my opinion.

I would like a mention in the video about the fact that this snake has the potential to be fatally venomous, and should only be free handled under the circumstances that the snake is calm and captive raised and only by an experienced person (I may have missed this, correct me if he said something similar). Other than that, I see no difference between a RBB and a python that have been captive raised and handled since birth. Both vens and non-vens can learn that you are no threat, and that they have no reason to fear you (and thus bite you). The fact that it's an elapid only means if you make a silly mistake and don't handle it with the respect it deserves, consequences can be more severe. Just my two cents on elapid handling.

I've had a python that has been handled since a hatchling never tried to bite turn around after 8 years and try and bite.... its about reading their body language not how ''tame'' they are. This is why I would never free handle a death adder.

It's a nice video but what purpose does it serve other than to encourage reckless idiots. The hobby attracts them like flies as it is without this pointless exercise encouraging them. I have done some questionable things in the past but I never felt the urge to share it with the world.

He does a neat job though of showing a side to venomous that many non reptile keeping ignorant punters wouldn't normally see. I would love to see a video like this but with another 20 minutes tacked on the end of it showing the aftermath of bites and footage of wild defensive displays so there is real perspective. Someone should do this actually, it would teach many people alot I think.

He does a neat job though of showing a side to venomous that many non reptile keeping ignorant punters wouldn't normally see. I would love to see a video like this but with another 20 minutes tacked on the end of it showing the aftermath of bites and footage of wild defensive displays so there is real perspective. Someone should do this actually, it would teach many people alot I think.
I also think that the video could be enhanced this way along with a statement about what sort of people are usually bitten.

I've had a python that has been handled since a hatchling never tried to bite turn around after 8 years and try and bite.... its about reading their body language not how ''tame'' they are. This is why I would never free handle a death adder.

That is true, any animal has the potential to suddenly turn and cause harm. I suppose the point I was trying to make was that it isn't impossible to free handle a venomous snake and that they aren't anymore volatile or likely to bite than a python. But hey, it's his life and his snake, he clearly shows respect and love to his animals and in my opinion that's all that matters.

Yeah, them damn death adders and their poker faces - who knows what they're thinking.

Beautiful animal.

He has had this snake for a long time and by the way he handles him, touching his head, etc., the snake is not at all stressed.
The handler is calm and gentle with his animal and seems very confident and knowledgeable.

I'd rather see this than people chasing them, grabbing them by their tails, etc. in the wild.

If young "herpers" want to go and handle a wild snake, let them.. Darwins theory should come into play for the rest of that scenario..

If young "herpers" want to go and handle a wild snake, let them.. Darwins theory should come into play for the rest of that scenario..

I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying we should remove all warning labels and let natural selection work it out... :D

because i saw a video clip of a beautiful young woman in South Africa swim along side a great white shark even grabbing its fin to hitch a ride it didnt make me want to jump in the ocean and do the same thing because its a friggin GREAT WHITE SHARK!!!, whats the difference between what she did and what a man with an almost disturbing affection to a venomous snake he loves, caresses, rubs all over and almost wants to jump into bed with... 99 percent of the population who see it would never do the same thing because its a VENOMOUS snake. We are humans not sheep, people are not that gullible we want to copy everything we see in a photo or on a tv screen. Its his life he can do whatever he wants, if it was a tiger or lion it would be considered majestical because its a venomous family pet its considered irresponsible. It doesnt make logical sense to me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back