Get on to youtube and comment on this idiot

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
remember the recent case with the fine for playing with a crocodile
That resulted through a utube video
Maybe same authorities can act on this one??

Snake Pimp,

I cannot seem to comment and I do not have the time to try and work it out. Ifyyou can explain easily, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, you might like to post (asfollows) for. Thanks. Blue

Comment:
There are number issues that your video and comments raise...

First and foremost, if you were placed in a position where you felt you had no other option that to kill the snake for the safety of people, then why did you not do so? Instead, you have taken the leisure of videoing an animal, the body of which was partially severed in two places, disabled and now writhing in agony. Why did you not crush or severe the head with whatever you used to deliver the other debilitating blows, just to ensure it was dead? This certainly makes me question both your values and your motives.

The animal in question is not a Taipan. Even from the low resoluton image and virtually zero colour rendered by the poor quality video taping, this is still clearly evident to those familiar with these snakes. As has been suggested, it is almost certainly one of the Brown Snake family. As for your comment about “Taipans being territorial and aggressive” I can only suggest two things. The first is that you do background research on this particular species produced by people who have actually studied it in both the field and laboratory and not simply spun yarns about it at the local over a few beers. If you have any difficulty locating genuine data on, I can point in the direction of several well respected science researchers. All you have to do is ask.

The second point I would make is really one of common sense. Inland Taipans occur in remote, uninhabited regions of central Australia while the Coastal Taipan is found the length of coastal Queensland and its hinterland, in association with human agricultural practices that support the existence of rodents. Whilst the location of your video was not given, it is clear you must be referring to the coastal species. These snakes have, in fact, benefited from human occupation and farming practices due to the introduction of foreign rodents, which are able to breed up in large numbers as a result of human activities. Now bear in mind that “territorial” means an animal that defends its territory, and “aggressive” means it will chase you without you having to chase it first. Given there are a plenty of agricultural practices in these areas that require farm workers to get out and amongst the crops on foot, the potential for encounters with Coastal Taipans would be extremely high. If they are "territorial and aggressive", then surely they would come storming out of the undergrowth and have a go at any intruder, in order to protect 'their patch'. Yet in a bad year, you might get all of three or four bites recorded. According to your description, it really should be in the hundreds. So are they territorial and aggressive or essentially shy and retiring?

Blue - its not snake pimps video

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Snake Pimp,

I cannot seem to comment and I do not have the time to try and work it out. Ifyyou can explain easily, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, you might like to post (asfollows) for. Thanks. Blue

Comment:
There are number issues that your video and comments raise...

First and foremost, if you were placed in a position where you felt you had no other option that to kill the snake for the safety of people, then why did you not do so? Instead, you have taken the leisure of videoing an animal, the body of which was partially severed in two places, disabled and now writhing in agony. Why did you not crush or severe the head with whatever you used to deliver the other debilitating blows, just to ensure it was dead? This certainly makes me question both your values and your motives.

The animal in question is not a Taipan. Even from the low resoluton image and virtually zero colour rendered by the poor quality video taping, this is still clearly evident to those familiar with these snakes. As has been suggested, it is almost certainly one of the Brown Snake family. As for your comment about “Taipans being territorial and aggressive” I can only suggest two things. The first is that you do background research on this particular species produced by people who have actually studied it in both the field and laboratory and not simply spun yarns about it at the local over a few beers. If you have any difficulty locating genuine data on, I can point in the direction of several well respected science researchers. All you have to do is ask.

The second point I would make is really one of common sense. Inland Taipans occur in remote, uninhabited regions of central Australia while the Coastal Taipan is found the length of coastal Queensland and its hinterland, in association with human agricultural practices that support the existence of rodents. Whilst the location of your video was not given, it is clear you must be referring to the coastal species. These snakes have, in fact, benefited from human occupation and farming practices due to the introduction of foreign rodents, which are able to breed up in large numbers as a result of human activities. Now bear in mind that “territorial” means an animal that defends its territory, and “aggressive” means it will chase you without you having to chase it first. Given there are a plenty of agricultural practices in these areas that require farm workers to get out and amongst the crops on foot, the potential for encounters with Coastal Taipans would be extremely high. If they are "territorial and aggressive", then surely they would come storming out of the undergrowth and have a go at any intruder, in order to protect 'their patch'. Yet in a bad year, you might get all of three or four bites recorded. According to your description, it really should be in the hundreds. So are they territorial and aggressive or essentially shy and retiring?

Blue, mate,

i was the one complaining about the content of the videos and the inaccuracies described by the people in the video,there not my videos there on youtube i found them,i think you have confused me being the actual people in the video somehow?

you have also made the same observations about the videos i made.

Blue, mate,

i was the one complaining about the content of the videos and the inaccuracies described by the people in the video,there not my videos there on youtube i found them,i think you have confused me being the actual people in the video somehow?

you have also made the same observations about the videos i made
I think that he was asking you to either tell him how to easily comment or comment on his behalf. I may be wrong but that is how his post comes across to me.

I also think Blue was asking SnakePimp to post the comment on his behalf because he didn't have time to figure out why he couldn't post it himself.

Yep I think blue is asking for you to place those comments on his behalf........as for the vids.....I am reluctant to even click on the link. In fact it won't be happening.

I think that he was asking you to either tell him how to easily comment or comment on his behalf. I may be wrong but that is how his post comes across to me.

actually thanks for pointing that out!becca marie thought the same thing i did

yes i think he wants me to post that response by cutting and pasting it to the comments on youtube!!

ok ive tried posting on the youtube comments a response for blue,but it exceeds the character limit have to trim it down a bit.

also success with the first video they first changed the name after i complained, i then complained again and its been set to private so it cant be viewed

My apologies for the confusion. I tried to post a comment on the U-tube site but couldn’t work out how to do it.

I really only logged on for a quick browse, as it was late and I was tired. I felt it was important to post a comment. I had a couple of ideas and away I went. The first paragraph was OK but it went downhill from there I’m afraid. I am also a terrible typist. My brain works a lot faster than my two finger sight typing, so it is not unusual for me to leave out words. And the space bar only works when it wants to, so words often get lumped together. I’d say I obviously attempted to proof read it but was too tired to do it properly.

I reworked the last two paragraphs (see below) but from the sounds of it, too late. Thanks for trying SnakePimp. I do appreciate it.

Blue

Reworked 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and last paragraphs of comment ...

“The animal in question is NOT a Taipan. This is clearly evident even though the video is such poor quality. I would suggest that you were very fortunate that it was not a Taipan, as they are incredibly fast and highly agile with lightening reflexes when warm. If threatened and attacked, they will do what any other animal will do and protect themselves with whatever means is available to them. A snake’s only real defence is its bite.

As for “Taipans being territorial and aggressive”, this would mean they defend their territories and actively pursue any intruder irrespective of threat. There are thousands of Taipans to be found living in agricultural areas along Queensland’s eastern seaboard and people who work there would enter their territories regularly. So why is there not hundreds of Taipan bites every year? Which attributes actually explain this - “territorial and aggressive” or “shy and retiring”? The truth can be readily validated in the scientific literature. I do appreciate that the truth does detract from the ‘hero’ status you appear to be chasing. What also detracts considerably from it is your cruelty and callousness towards an animal.”

Must of been deleted as I can't find it via the link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back