how do you increase your google search results????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBANG

Reaction score
hey guys when it comes to computers i'm about as clued up as i would be doing brain surgery, i have managed to create a very basic web site for my snake catching name, and have included every possible key word i could think of but i still cant find it on the first few pages of a google search even if i type the exact sequence of key words into google how do i get it up there?

Embed popular search terms into the background of the page.
Just don't get caught as it is a violation of their guidelines.

Also bear in mind, its not an overnight process, it can take a few days for things to populated and become visible.

If you have an exact phrase you can can search for it by adding quotation marks and it will only give you results that match that phrase exactly eg:
"enter phrase here"
or you can use multiple terms with a plus sign and it will search for only matches that have each individual term seperated by the plus signs eg:
term 1+term 2+term 3
that is all I know to narrow down searches but...maybe someone with an IT background knows more.

You can pay people to add code to which is basically keywords that will increase the chance of getting your website found

Google is always changing how it ranks results, because of people continually abusing the system.

Embedding popular search terms in your page is stupid, because it's not only abusing the system, but doesn't count for anything if your page has nothing to do with what's "popular". People aren't going to click a snake page if it's showing up in results for the harlem shake. Also Google doesn't pay much attention any more to key words, again, because of people abusing this.

One of the best ways to get ranking these days is organic links. That's when someone on a forum talks about your page and posts a link to your page. It's organic because it's a moving post, as opposed to a static link stuck on the bottom of someone else's web page that never changes.

Don't pay someone for SEO, go to Google Webmaster Tools instead and learn how to use it. It's free, it's by Google, it's simple and it will get you started.

Don't forget, content is still king. Well written unique content holds more weight than nearly anything. SEO is a massive industry in itself. There are numerous ways to get into the top 10, some temporarily and some abit more permanent. In the end you are aiming to have a "authority" site with solid unique content, after abit of tweaking with onpage SEO the rankings will come.

CptLici mentioned to not pay someone to do SEO, I dont fully agree with this unless you have alot of time and know what you are doing. Alot of the SEO services that do guarantees are great and work very very well without you learning the complex in's and out's of Google's EVERCHANGING ranking system. So even once you understand how ranking works, you will then need to know how to apply it to your site - which is a whole other ball game and set of knowledge you would need to learn. If you are fine waiting months to get into the top 10 while learning how to do it yourself, then go for it. If you want speedier results and all hands free, go for a SEO service. Its up to you in the end.

Getting to top 10 has HEAPS of variables, search volume, results, competition's seo, etc etc etc.... The broader keywords are harder to rank and more specific "long tail" keywords are much easier, etc. Could sit here and type all day.... if you get what i mean.

As CptLici said, definitely check out the Google Webmaster Tools and information that provides as simple things like not having a Terms & Conditions and Contact Us page can hurt your rankings.

I know it seems very overwhelming at first, but dont give up! Even small things you do to improve SEO can take months to take effect, so you just need to keep at it.

Again, CONTENT = KING

its wierd the name of my snake catching is wimmera reptile relocations but when i type that into google i cant find it but it does come up with a quote from a thread i started a while ago for name suggestions and i wrote "wimmera snake catcher".

Do you have Awstats or similar, usually supplied as part of your hosting package, which shows you all the various statistics for your website, including the visits to your site by the various search engines etc. They can show you how many times google visits your site etc. Here is a snapshot of mine to show what I mean.

Clipboard01_zps0a56e2fb.jpg

Well I just googled directly off the above name (WRR) and you came up as the top three entries !!!!
I have now listed with trulocal and yellow pages, waiting on a call from yellow pages to broaden the search, so if some one types in snake catcher and the name of one of the local towns it I should hopefully come up.

I have now listed with trulocal and yellow pages, waiting on a call from yellow pages to broaden the search, so if some one types in snake catcher and the name of one of the local towns it I should hopefully come up.
Often those things work on postcodes so you might need to say what postcodes you service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back