should i be worries at all?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the advice andynic07 ive had a stimson and a bredli before and due to housing B/s i had to give them away and a month later i sorta bought the diamond... i understand what ur saying that my bredli loved staying in small click clack where as my stimmi hated it and looks like my diamond hates it too cause everytime i look in the enclosure she looks so relaxed and calm..

I just want to clear up that there is many ways to keep reptiles that will work and I am not saying your way is wrong or won't work but just trying to offer advice to you and other newbie keepers that I consider to be best way. I am not argueing that your way will not work but just trying to explain my thoughts and answer the questions you ask. The biggest thing that I have learnt is every snake is different but they all have the same basic needs and as long as these needs are met your snake will survive.

I for 1 have benifitted emensely from your advice on husbandry and other issues, and agree wholeheartedly about the need to give the snake an environment in which IT feels comfortable, I have nearlly given in to my feelings of being sorry for my 2 spotties being in their click clacks on several occasions but hark back on advice you and others have given about little snakies in big houses causing undue stress, chris_brown you made the statement (i had her in a click clack but then i felt bad and sorta decorated the big enclosure and put her in that) was this for your benifit or for the benifit of the snake as i would have been devistated if moving my 2 into bigger quarters effected their personalities, maybe the feeding issues you are having might be from the impact of going from click clack to open space as in the wild hatchlings up to yearlings are usually very nervous coming out into the open to feed in case of predators and larger snakes, i know every snake is different but ingrained into every young snake is the survival instinct which can make them very nervous, also you might have given it too many hides and that is the reason it stays in the trees :) ..............................Ron

I for 1 have benifitted emensely from your advice on husbandry and other issues, and agree wholeheartedly about the need to give the snake an environment in which IT feels comfortable, I have nearlly given in to my feelings of being sorry for my 2 spotties being in their click clacks on several occasions but hark back on advice you and others have given about little snakies in big houses causing undue stress, chris_brown you made the statement (i had her in a click clack but then i felt bad and sorta decorated the big enclosure and put her in that) was this for your benifit or for the benifit of the snake as i would have been devistated if moving my 2 into bigger quarters effected their personalities, maybe the feeding issues you are having might be from the impact of going from click clack to open space as in the wild hatchlings up to yearlings are usually very nervous coming out into the open to feed in case of predators and larger snakes, i know every snake is different but ingrained into every young snake is the survival instinct which can make them very nervous, also you might have given it too many hides and that is the reason it stays in the trees :) ..............................Ron
Thanks Ron,
I have noticed a lot of thought and more and knowledge coming into your posts too but from the start you have always been good for a laugh.

Andy

that is very true ron from day one he never was hiding even wen in the click clac was always out and about in the click clack he seemed like he didnt have much space i spoke to a diamond python breeder he said leave him in the big enclosure ( which is really not that big) and after 5 days if he doesnt eat put him in the click clack 5 days went past and offered food snapped at it like a champion so im assuming his fine and looks fine too doesnt snap at me when i try to handle him or nothing and is very active

that is very true ron from day one he never was hiding even wen in the click clac was always out and about in the click clack he seemed like he didnt have much space i spoke to a diamond python breeder he said leave him in the big enclosure ( which is really not that big) and after 5 days if he doesnt eat put him in the click clack 5 days went past and offered food snapped at it like a champion so im assuming his fine and looks fine too doesnt snap at me when i try to handle him or nothing and is very active

If it's eating it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back