Who keeps Legless Lizards?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
uba2u9eh.jpg

I kept a Burton's legless lizard for 6 months... He was pretty cool... It started to get tedious catching skinks every week though... Very unique reptile...

Is that albino? Gosh its gorgeous

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Richoman_3 on here (Nick) has some Pygopus, and Danny Brown i think keeps a fair few too.

I've got Inornate Delma from Danny Brown, looking to get some Scaleys in the near future.

I've wanted a Burtons for some time. Everything I've read about em says they are pretty easy to care for, unless you get a picky, skink eating only one. Skinks are not readily available where I'm located

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Livefoods Unlimited would be without a doubt the place to go atm. Send them an email and I'm sure they'll help you out.

I wonder what the main differences would be in keeping a Delma sp. compared to one of the Pygopus (Scaley-foot). I can't even find reliable info on how big they can grow to.

IME temperment and size are the biggest differences.

Also depends upon which of the scaly foots you are talking about. Commons get large and don't play well with others whereas most hoodeds can be housed in groups and stay a fair bit smaller.

IME temperment and size are the biggest differences.

Also depends upon which of the scaly foots you are talking about. Commons get large and don't play well with others whereas most hoodeds can be housed in groups and stay a fair bit smaller.
Cheers, great info, do you know much about the Delma's?

I keep a couple of species. Basically smaller, much more excitable but otherwise not difficult to keep. Biggest challenge is keeping them in their enclosures as if there is a gap they will find it.

In Brisbane you can just feed Asian house geckos rather than skinks.

Dunno if this has worked as my phone is being stubborn, if not I'll post tonight

They're all fairly easy to keep, as mentioned Delmas just jump around a lot more when disturbed so high walled tubs is my first choice or they bounce out.
Burtons are the easiest to keep in my opinion as they don't need as regular feeding, they're ambush predators and don't tend to move around much (so not as crucial to have a large enclosure), they will live together fine. Perfect first pygo if you're not worried about the lizard feeding issue or they can be easily feed alternative foods (fish or mice tails) using forceps.

I have both Burtons and scaly-foots available, pm me if genuinly interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back