Snake lay box

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Geeza

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Does everyone use moss or other alternatives?
Thanks
Pete

Yep thin air. You dont wait long for an answer

I use damp (not wet) newspaper. Just stops the eggs from sticking to the lay box. Sometimes I throw a scattering of sphagnum moss as well.

Fake grass with damp sphagnum. Eggs wont stick to fake grass.

why confused, i am a dummy and i can see 3 answers saying sphagnum moss, so the general consensus must be sphagnum moss, although i could be wrong i was once, but then again i might have been wrong about that as well :) .........................................Ron

Few layers of newspaper and a few inches of damp sphagnum moss

why confused, i am a dummy and i can see 3 answers saying sphagnum moss, so the general consensus must be sphagnum moss, although i could be wrong i was once, but then again i might have been wrong about that as well :) .........................................Ron
Really it's just about having something in there for two reasons. One is so the eggs can be taken out. You don't want them stuck to the lay box.
Two, you want to keep a bit of humidity in there. Newspaper and sphagnum moss work well for these things.

Thanking u.... Moss it is then.... Hey when do u guys put lay box in... After per lay?

I like to put the lay box in no less than 7 days prior to the lay date, and I use newspaper or sphagnum moss. also for a lay box ive used plywood and Styrofoam boxes... just make sure the Styrofoam has not had any chemicals in it

I just put it in when they are gravid. I find they spend a bit of time in there before pre lay shed.

Fake grass and damp spagnum moss, it will dry out before they lay. I put the box in a week after the prelay so I don't miss the day.

Thanking yousssss........just trying to cover everything

@ Snowman I have found that I don't need too as they lay in the box no problems even when dry.
Cheers
Congo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back