Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really shouldn't be too hard to him onto feeder fish. You have 4 options to try (excluding assisted):
- fish swimming in shallow dish of water
- put snake into click clack and then once it's settled down, add the fish and let it flap around (out of water)
- offer dead fish with tongs
- offer live fish with tongs

How old is the snake? What length and diameter?

scent the pinkies with a garden skink, rub the lizard over the pinky and he should take it. sure someone can explain a heap of different ways to get him to eat...

for the love of jebus go to Michael at green effects or see baden(solar 17) or someone with REAL experience please do NOT take gtp advice from anyone other than EXPERIENCED keepers! they are a separate class for a good reason!
Because it's a GTP and all... :lol: it's a GTS mate...

sorry i was 1 letter wrong please feel free to bombard with many opposing and varied answers and disregard my very wrong remarks, i shall fold back to the shadows now. :)
Was just pointing out a simple misspelling, I understand your comment and agree... wasn't meaning to come off argumentative or rude.

Wildflower, It is important to understand the basic behaviours of Common Tree Snakes (Dendrolaphis punctulata) in nature. These animals spend very little time on the ground. What time they do spend there normally involves breeding or moving from an isolated tree to another. So expect your animal to want to spend most of its time in tree branches. Your enclosure should reflect this, with much greater height that width or depth. As for feeding, live fish are acceptable under the current state regulations. So Gambusia, Guppies, White Cloud Mount Minnows, and fingerlings like brown and rainbow trout are excellent feeders until the snake can be converted to rodents such pinkies or fuzzies.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back