Anyone watching 'Croc College'?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdwango

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Who's watching Croc College on the ABC on tuesday nights? There's two herpers doing the course on there.

Been meaning to catch it, but keep forgeting it :) AND watching other stuff.

Last edited:
It's such a good show. pretty impressive what they are doing. wonder what it takes to get there haha

That was A good way to waste 1 1/2 hours. That would be awesome something I could really see myself doing and excelling at but I guess the actual course would be for zoology students

I'm watching it - everybody should!
Absolutely brilliant.....and it plays out the personal challenges each person is going through, great mix of people, and each episode is a learning curve.
I also LOVE that it is not narrated by a slow dramatically-speaking American, and is refreshingly Aussie. :)
Should be more of it.

I find that it is a great show to watch. There is actually a 5 day crocodile handling and work course run by John Lever at the croc farm. I inquired about it last year and costs around $2000, but with that is accommodation at the farm and meals included. If I had the money at the time I would have done it but no luck for me.
Cheers Cameron

Episode 4 is on tonight, 8pm on ABC1. They're catching adult crocs this episode!

Episode 4 is on tonight, 8pm on ABC1. They're catching adult crocs this episode!

Hey guys
, just watched episode 3 and to be honest, I think it's disgusting that they would show and condone such behaviour as killing such an intelligent and innocent creature.

Hey guys
, just watched episode 3 and to be honest, I think it's disgusting that they would show and condone such behaviour as killing such an intelligent and innocent creature.
Wow are you actually being serious? They are on a crocodile FARM, what did you think happens to all the crocs that they breed? That is a nessacery part of crocodile farming and conservation. What would you rather, people going out and shooting every croc that they see for the meat and skin trade or the SUSTAINABLE farming of these awesome creatures. Now these are my favourite animals and I hate to see it but it has to happen. Honestly I would love to do their job, it would be hard for me to kill one but it has to happen.
Cheers Cameron

Wow are you actually being serious? They are on a crocodile FARM, what did you think happens to all the crocs that they breed? That is a nessacery part of crocodile farming and conservation. What would you rather, people going out and shooting every croc that they see for the meat and skin trade or the SUSTAINABLE farming of these awesome creatures. Now these are my favourite animals and I hate to see it but it has to happen. Honestly I would love to do their job, it would be hard for me to kill one but it has to happen.
Cheers Cameron

You are spot on there Cam, can't say it was the easiest part of the training course.

Ryan

I finally managed to catch tonight's episode and found it quite informative, I don't have a problem with the killing as that's part of farming.
I do love all animals but I am also a realist (and a meat eater (crocs are yummy))

You are spot on there Cam, can't say it was the easiest part of the training course.

Ryan
Certainly would not be easy. Do you mind if I ask how you found the course? I am planning on doing the five day course that John runs once I can save the money up for it. Would have been good if I was working at snakes downunder the day you where there to meet and talk.
Cheers Cameron.

Yes ! Love it ! Their needs to be more aussie reptile shows like this one ! A little hard to watch them skinning such an amazing animal tonight though :( have to keep telling myself croc farming is the best bet for these scaley friends !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back