Snake Documentary-Sophisticated Serpents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]There's a great documentary on snakes by David Attenborough on channel 10 at 6.30 this evening.

It's part of the Life in Cold Blood series, which is excellent.
Tonight's episode is on snakes and is well worth watching.

[/FONT]'Sophisticated Serpents' - Sir David Attenborough examines the fascinating lives of the most misunderstood group of reptiles, the snakes and he reveals how their simplistic body design has contributed to their success. [FONT=&amp] [/FONT]

I concur. Been watching it intermittently for some time. Rabbitborough rules!

Is it on every saturday?

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I watched it and it was great. Interesting little flower pot snake - looked like an earth worm

Is it on every saturday?
Yes, next week's episode is on tortoises, turtles and crocodiles "showing what it's like to live within a suit of armour, and revealing a dynamic, warm side to these giants."

Steve, I like your play on words ~ David Rabbitburrow :lol:

Mark, you're right that the DVD's are a better option without the ads, but it's good that it's free to air for those that haven't seen the series yet.

Did anyone notice that Sir David was talking in his characteristic whisper when looking at previously recorded footage of a rattlesnake eating a mouse. I found it amusing that he's so much in the habit of talking softly that he does it even when it's not necessary. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. I reckon he's an exemplary example of how to narrate a wildlife doco well. I particularly like the fact that he's had a minimum disturbance approach to interacting with the wildlife for some time now. This is in stark contrast to more recently homegrown wildlife botherers. The good sir sets a great example for an increasingly worldwide audience of nature lovers.

Good series. :) It's going to be a sad day when he passes away. I'll probably cry as much as I did when steve irwin passed away...:cry:

just about to buy the DVD set because I can't stand watching adds :lol: and because I can't find if it is on in WA or when and where it is on....

I just finished Watching all 5 in the series, Sophisticated Serpents was very good and i love "Rabbit's" low impact style of doco', wish more peeps would take a leaf from his book and adopt a more hands off approach, seeing the animals interacting in their natural environment is more enjoyable IMO, no staging required. :) .......................Ron

Bought the bluray Life in cold blood"" 2 weeks ago, best $20 ive ever spent. Sir David is a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back