RIP Jeff Hanneman

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm still absolutely shocked as a write this.....

SlayerBand said:
Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.

Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)

[video=youtube;ns7vncVNapM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns7vncVNapM[/video]

Mum told me this morning....day ruiner

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I am shocked and saddened. RIP Jeff.

Apparently Liver failure was direct result of a spider bite in 2011

Slayer fans everywhere - it's time to let you know what is going on with our brother Jeff Hanneman
As you know, Jeff was bitten by a spider more than a year ago, but what you may not have known was that for a couple of days after he went to the ER, things were touch-and-go. There was talk that he might have to have his arm amputated, and we didn't know if he was going to pull through at all. He was in a medically-induced coma for a few days and had several operations to remove the dead and dying tissue from his arm.
So, understand, he was in really, really bad shape. It's been about a year since he got out of the hospital, and since then, he had to learn to walk again, he's had several painful skin grafts, he's been in rehab doing exercises to regain the strength in his arm; but best of all, he's been playing guitar. We were all excited when he joined us onstage for the encore a year ago at The Big Four show at Coachella.
Since then, we've given him all the time and support he's needed to continue his rehab so he can come back to the band fully recovered and able to deliver the kind of shows we all want him to. While Jeff's been doing some writing and has been coming to rehearsal over the past several weeks, he has decided he needs to take more time to continue his rehab. While we want him back onstage with the band, all of us support his decision.

I thought it was the medicine that gave him liver failure and not the venom.

That is so sad, I admired Jeff Hanneman so much :(
RIP You Legend, the band will never be the same without you :'(

Bumping for RESPECT

7fk2RyU.jpg

[video=youtube;JfkuNpJ1UGg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfkuNpJ1UGg[/video]

Sad loss to the music industry.....:-( Although I have gotten to know Kerry King well, it would have been nice to meet Jff as well....was hoping to next year as they were hoping to tour here again. :-(

RIP Jeff.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back