Normal behaviour for a young snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond_newbie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I've had my new Diamond for only 2 days. He is 10 months old. He is quite explorative of his new home and had a feed yesterday.

My question is this, how much time should he be spending under his warm hide?

He has a cool hide, a warm hide and one in the middle. But he chooses to spend most of his time stretched out or coiled up in the fake vine at ambient room temp (ranging between 20 and 24 degrees). Is this normal, I kind of thought he would spend more time hiding away in the warmth.

Is he just perfectly happy and content, or is something going on?

Im probably just being a nervous new Mum. But I'm curious as to what others have experienced.

thanks
jojo x

As long as you have the right range of temps available, he'll pick which he needs to regulate his temp. Try not to stress, just relax and remember our snakes know what they need to regulate their temps better than us. =p

Feed it and see it go to the hot side.Like Khagan wrote they know better than us.

You have provided it with a range of temperatures a hide for each. Well done! The snake will choose where it wants to be. What you can do is to make the in-between hide the same temperature as where it is choosing to be at the moment.

The snake’s behaviour is basically telling you what its preferred body temperature is, so to create a hide at that temperature makes good sense.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back