Victorian Law (enclosure sizing)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JM1982

Reaction score
<BEHIND YOU> ...(if your in Melbourne and your
G'day all,
I was in a store in Melbourne today
(if mods say its ok to name I'm happy to)
and I was pretty disgusted to see what some of the reptiles were being kept in. Not all of them but there were three snakes which must have been 3+ years old in 'click clack' (the size of a rice takeaway box) style things with nothing in them, they barely fit let alone move around without getting in a knot.
Not to mention the place was filthy.
Is there no law for enclosure size in Vic??

Last edited:
Disgusted* sorry.

i too have been wondering the same thing. I've seen some dry tiny and appealing enclosure. (Plus ones with dead animals in!)
so yes if anyone has information on this that would be helpful. And also so I know for my animals as I have struggled to find the specific info on this.

Disgusted* sorry.

i too have been wondering the same thing. I've seen some dry tiny and appealing enclosure. (Plus ones with dead animals in!)
so yes if anyone has information on this that would be helpful. And also so I know for my animals as I have struggled to find the specific info on this.

*spelling fixed (the joys of posting from iPhone! Arg)

I was in a new pet store in Mornington the other day who has quite a few reptiles and no one there seems to know anything at all about reptiles, I knew more and I'm a complete novice! There baby snakes has NO temperature gradient, they were just stuck at one temp.

Then yesterday I was at the vet and he said "don't even get me started on that shop. The vets that own it have no idea, every time they call me I can't believe the questions they ask me."

its really irresponsible to have animals in your store that you have NO idea about!

The DSE in Victoria is excellent about investigating shops which are not complying with Native Animal laws, particularly since the new laws passed in May. I would suggest you give them a call and they will send someone out to have a look.

Please PM the name of the shop too. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back