Leatherback turtle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy amazing. I was out fishing in Morton bay at the beginning of last month. We saw regular turtles, dugongs and dolphins. Then we kept seeing this odd shaped head with spots. My partner was convinced it was a seal because it had an almost dog shaped head but I was pretty sure seals didn't come this far north. Then I googled it and it turns out that very rarely they do. It was talking really huge breaths, spending a while on the surface and kind of looking around. I've just shown these pictures to him and that's exactly what we saw as well. It's absolutely amazing that we can see these breath taking creatures on out door step.

Funny you should mention seals, there was one of those up here in September last year, it was at Scarborough when I came across it and I was lucky enough to have him/her climb up on a rock a couple of metres away from me and my children and we sat there with it for around half an hour or so while it soaked up some rays...

very nice find and great pics. that is one very nice looking leather back.

I just gave Swampie the points of contact, all the glory will go rightfully to him. It is an awesome encounter!

I was lucky enough to spend 6wks in Costa Rica collecting information on these when the females would come into lay their eggs and just the some of the female's shell size was 6ft not including head or tail, amazing creatures and just awesome to be around. Wish we had more around.

That us the best find ever! I'd give an arm and a leg to see such a monster! So glad to see they are still arond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back