New addition

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may surprise you Jonah but each year there are over 5000 applications for new licences ( figure from the DEC) that is a lot of on going demand for many speices. Will the captive breeding by private breeding eventually fulfill that demand? lets all hope so.

Sorry I made a mistake, I timed 15 by 355 (which was 15 per day). In actual fact it is 15 per week ,( so 15 x 52 ). So its 780 plus per year.
Big difference hey lol

Tell the sex of a python from a few metres away hahahaha that's a good one......
what am I ganna do about it???? I don't recall writing I was going to do anything did I.
I was only stating the obvious that taking wild animals is less of a need 10 years down the track and that if we can keep wild numbers high it would be of great benefit to our enviroment especiially as the cane toad is making its way down the state but some people still see easy $$$ and money is more important to them. If wild numbers of stimson are high then keep it that way!!
not naming specific people so please don't think I'm attacking the people you "look up to"
look I understand that taking from the wild shouldn't be done in some/most peoples opinion but it does happen. I'm sorry for coming off somewhat argumentative, ignorant and inconsiderate but sometimes I just sort of let out after a week of people pushing my limits.

Tell the sex of a python from a few metres away hahahaha that's a good one......
what am I ganna do about it???? I don't recall writing I was going to do anything did I.
I was only stating the obvious that taking wild animals is less of a need 10 years down the track and that if we can keep wild numbers high it would be of great benefit to our enviroment especiially as the cane toad is making its way down the state but some people still see easy $$$ and money is more important to them. If wild numbers of stimson are high then keep it that way!!
not naming specific people so please don't think I'm attacking the people you "look up to"
If you are that worried about it perhaps you should be breeding to boost captive numbers? As pointed out earlier supply vs demand dictates the need for animals. Animals bred easily are collected far less frequently now. And I'm sure the numbers will continue to drop as the years progress. WAHS asked DEC to stop stimi's and swcp being taken and they said not yet. So I can only assume DEC WA have a better understanding about the environment than you do?! But who knows..... It always gets under my skin people who sit on the side lines and criticise, but do nothing to help the situation....
The wild caught carpet in this thread is very different looking in person to most the captive stock I've seen. The good thing about wild taking is getting new looking animals into the pet trade. I know most collectors leave a lot of what they find these days unless its different enough to be worth taking.
My wild caught olive python. :) I've got a few wild caught Imbricata and three wild caught wheat belt stimi's as well. What I love about wild caught is that they are local specific stock. Being able to keep and breed animals that you know exactly what they are is interesting to some keepers. I also have mixed local captive bred animals. Including two captive bred BHP's from different breeders. I probably would have been happy with a captive bred olive, but who breeds em in WA? If you have some Jonah let me know!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back