Brown Tree Frog Care

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and I live In Lilydale and I have a holiday house in Sorrento if I transferred my frogs from there tank at my house to there holiday tank at my holiday house would that work well.

Striped marsh frogs will eat pretty much anything that will fit in there mouth. So the Brown tree frogs could become frog food, depending on the size of your striped marsh and brown tree frogs.
Its not ideal for them to be travelling back and forth especially when its an hour and a half car trip, and striped marsh frogs need UV lights which you would need to have at both tanks then. So no it wouldnt work well.

Really because a care sheet says striped marsh's don't need UV and can I please see your setup.

That depends on whether or not someone can check on them for you and you would probably not want the water to go too long with out being changed as the ph will go acid and it will get ammonia , frogs don't do well in bad water, especially aquatic species like marsh frogs.

As far as I'm aware Spotted marsh frogs don't need UV and striped Marsh frogs do.
I don't have Striped marsh frogs but I'll show you my old tank that had spotted marsh frogs and brown tree frogs.
(the black bit is just hiding my details from when I got the tank. The store wrote my details on it)
btfandsmftank1.jpg

And KristenJ how often do you feed yours
Every second day
Striped Marsh frogs don't need UV, only calcium supplementation. They are also not that much bigger than spotteds and certainly not that much bigger than browns, browns are 45mm max, striped are 50mm.
Striped marsh can get up to 75mm. My mates striped marsh ate his spotted so I wouldnt risk it, but thats just me. As I said it depends on the size of the individuals :)

Last edited:
I had a filter and aquatic plants so I didnt change it very often. Once a month maybe? Just whenever it got dirty really. :)

I used to keep them here was my setup.
It got a bit too hot occasionally...
9edyna6a.jpg

hi, my green phase southern brown has been fading in colour, does anyone no why this might be happening? i also have 2 others in there with him

Ok cool Mum is saying only reptiles and amphibians that don't require electricity ill tell her about that though thanks

Ok cool Mum is saying only reptiles and amphibians that don't require electricity ill tell her about that though thanks

You've got to understand that you're creating an indoor environment for a creature that normally comes from the wild.
In this sense you're going to need electricity to provide light, heat & a means to filter the water.
Honestly the costs of electricity is very minimal compared to say providing food for a cat or dog all year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back