Feral cat pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent a couple of days in the China Wall area in the Gulf. water is rare but at one spring we saw 3 massive cats and the piles of feathers were everywhere.

Have pics but cant post them.

That's great they are doing something about the worst invasive sp. in Australia.
Who else thought to themselves when Arnhem land was brought up "wonder if they have much to do with the oenpelliensis population?"

These Pics prove what I've been say about the lepard sightings..

That you can't spell Leopard?
You looked at the article and that's the most constructive thing you have to add? I was reading online that feral cats have caused the extinction of 33 species, I hope we can come up with a solution to the problem in Austraila.

The first step to ridding the country of cats is ridding the country of cat owners...

Whoa there buddy it was a joke.

Unfortunately they are here to stay. they have already become part of the landscape (and have been for well over 100 years). Most people who spend any time out in the bush know this.

Our native wildlife will either have to adapt or perish.

You looked at the article and that's the most constructive thing you have to add? I was reading online that feral cats have caused the extinction of 33 species, I hope we can come up with a solution to the problem in Austraila.

Wow they are big I have a ferral cat kitten who grew to be a house cat but hes a 7 kilo cat

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370571989950.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370571989950.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 249
^^^ bahahaha look at his tail its sooo fluffly!!!

Whoa there buddy it was a joke.

Unfortunately they are here to stay. they have already become part of the landscape (and have been for well over 100 years). Most people who spend any time out in the bush know this.

Our native wildlife will either have to adapt or perish.

After finding cats at these remnant rainforest springs, the most biodiverse areas in several hundred square kms, the Rangers have decided to exterminate them. Traps were purchased today and the guys will stake out the springs with infra-red goggles and .22s next week.

You dont have to "just accept it". Knocking out a couple of dozen cats in this area will make a huge difference.

Need a virus to rid the whole country of them all.

After finding cats at these remnant rainforest springs, the most biodiverse areas in several hundred square kms, the Rangers have decided to exterminate them. Traps were purchased today and the guys will stake out the springs with infra-red goggles and .22s next week.

You dont have to "just accept it". Knocking out a couple of dozen cats in this area will make a huge difference.

Wish someone would come to my place a shoot the cats, they keep eating the parrots that hang out in my yard.

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope your right Steve. I tend to have a pessimistic bias on most things ;)

Further south they really do seem to be an established part of the landscape now though and they are so common that I really don't see that changing, not in my lifetime anyway.

Last edited:
Was only a joke mate.

I made a typo at 2 am as I was trying to teach Kids respect all day. I knew I did but didn't bother fixing it as I thought we had lost the trolls here. My Mistake.

Feral pests like this are a genuine problem. Yet here we have the anti-gun lobby kicking up a stink about how many guns a legitimate, responsible shooter can own. Quite frankly, if you've gone through and over all the hoops and hurdles, then you've earnt that right. I use my firearms for regular feral animal removal. Yes, it's sporting and often if it's rabbits I'll do something with my quarry, but it also makes me think after seeing what's out there first hand, what a gargantuan problem it is.

I love cats (and dogs), but when they are feral.....I'll shoot them without blinking an eye.

Get yourself a trap & start eradicating the mongrels in suburbia :lol:

i want a 2 live big ones a boy and a girl, then get their babies and domesticate them and have myself a business of selling big pussy cats, i think a cat the size of a goat would be a cool pet, as long as it was not trying to eat you.

Look on gumtree for maine coons, largest breed of cat in the world, go for 1k a kitten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back