EWD please help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i got my eastern water dragons on wednesday and i notice yesterday that one of its eyes are not opening and are kind of watery any ideas of wat it might be???

Could be an eye infection. If the fluid coming from the eye is discoloured than it will need some antibiotics. Hope all is well :)

Water dragons are notorious for eye problems due to their nature for digging & getting substrate in their eyes...

First thing would b to remove the substrate. I used a warm saline solution & applied via an eye dropper twice daily to the affected area... If after doing this for 3-5 days & there's no improvement you should take him to a vet...

I also researched this product below which has been used to treat water dragon eye infections.. Zoo med repti turtle eye drops...

su5uzabe.jpg

I don't know where you got that from DeadlyDanny but I have kept water dragons for 15 years and have never had one with an eye infection. Not saying this isn't an eye infection but I would not say they are notorious for it. Merlin is it both eyes and how do the others look.

good news actually in trhe morning i found him in the waterfall and he came out when he saw me and his eye was open and fine so ge must of just had something i his eyes thanks anyways guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back