Feeding/ housing question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

becwatson14

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a question. If a snake is housed in a click clack, where do you feed them to feed them out of their click clack? Say if you put them into another click clack, wouldnt they associate container in general with food?

I have my lil snappy girl in an enclosure but i think its too big for her so im considering putting her back to a click clack until she is bigger and thats what she has been fed in

Just feed wherever you house the snake. If you feed at night and handle during the day, they will figure it out. Hatchlings tend to be snappy and this is worse if you lift them by reaching from above. This is the way a predator would approach. Try handling or lifting her with a hook. Moving before and after feeding will tend to stress her more.

I feed all my animals in their enclosures as I don't buy into the 'associating home with food' mentality. I don't want to ever give my pythons an 'excuse' to bite when I open their cage. I believe that if you handle your animals enough, they won't associate anything in particular with their cage opening as it could mean food OR handling.

I have always fed my animals in the enclosure where they live. I believe more harm/damage can come from moving an animal back to its enclosure with a full belly

I Always feed in the encloser
Snake once handled offen will become familiar with your scent ( either if it is a hand sanitizer lol )
Then there is the moving of the snake once full they can get grumpy
id say the pros of feeding inside way out the cons

I personally don't see the point in feeding out of their enclosures. feed mine in their enclosures. I do not believe that snakes will associate you with food just because you feed them in their enclosure, they rely in scent, heat and movement. but, mainly scent in my belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back