Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to sell the most beautiful BHP when i moved back to mums, paid $500 for him and only got $200 when i sold him. I regret it so bad :( she let me keep my bredli though, hes "less scary looking" the worst thing was, i loved out again only 3 months following the selling of the BHP :(

Benefits of being 16 - most girls my age like snakes including the girlfriend :D
anteristafreak13 do you find this :D
luckily i dont need to move out for a while parents let me keep as many snakes as i want :D i built a python rack that can house adult carpets you should do the same if you want to make the most of the space you have besides that i have a few vivs in my room and hatchling tubs witch basically can be put on top of a viv with a heat cord
Cheers - Liam

yeah mate my girlfriend is keeping the beardies at her place right now because I am moving in with her in a few months much to her parents disappointment because my parents are moving to singapore for 2 years and if I went with them I would not be able to bear not being near her for that long.

mate my parents never let me have any reptiles at all. You are doing well.
A breeding pair of beardies is a lot of work, time and money. Be sure that you are ready for multiple clutches and tons of babys. It is a big responsibility

yes i agree but when you have money coming out of your ears i take that as a sign that i can overcome those issues (i work for my dads company at $25 000 a year so i am sorted

growing up was hard, my mum hates animals, the only animals she can stand are ones which end up on your dinner plate. i was not allowed to have a dog or cat ect.

my dad loved animals and bought be budgies, cockatoos and cockatiels he also got me 3 blue tongues wen i was 4 and encouraged my love of animals and reptiles. but my parents argued heaps over it.

wen my parents divorced i had to stay with my mum and i had to give up animals but as soon as i turned 18 and was working full time and helping pay the rent i bought a dog, we argued but since i was paying for everything for that dog and paying rent i really did not care what she thought, i also got a few birds, 1 guinea pig and heaps of fish. she ended up letting me have them because she saw that i look after them and that i loved them.

my mum moved overseas wen i was 20 and my sister was 18 we struggled renting our own place paying bills and groceries. plus i had my dog and 2 birds at the time i gave my fish to my older sister who was married and wanted them.

my sister had to go away for work for 4 months just weeks after we moved in to our own place and it was really hard. i felt so alone and missed my brother who was overseas with her. my younger sister ended up moving in with my older sister and i moved in with my now ex. 5 months after moving in she broke up with me and i moved in with a friend, my boss went bank rupt and i lost my job i struggled really hard but i made it.

my mother did not want us going overseas with her and we did not wanna go with her. so we had no choice but to stay and make our way on our own.

i don't regret it as i am so much stronger now, i live my own life and have as many animals/ reptiles as i want. i made alot of mistakes along the way but i have learnt from them.

at the end of the day we can all tell you to go with your parents ect, but its your life so do whats best for you.

there is not way i would have given up my dog to go overseas but i was a bit older than you and my mother told me to find my own place as she did not want us going with her.

you will learn from your mistakes and at times it may be hard, just make sure you save money for a rainy day and that you have some were else to stay incase things don't work out.

yes i agree but when you have money coming out of your ears i take that as a sign that i can overcome those issues (i work for my dads company at $25 000 a year so i am sorted

I wouldn't call $500 a week having money coming out of your ears. I'm not sure about rent where you come from but in my town your lucky to get a one bedder for $250 then put your power bill, water and insurances. Not to take into account clothes, food for you, food for the reps and play money. Then add transport costs to and from work.
$500 goes pretty quick.
I'm not about to pretend I know you or your parents but in my experience parents are really only looking out for your best interest. The worst thing is we really don't see it as kids but as you get older and have kids of your own you will realize how much easier it would be just to give your kids what they want. Having a battle every day with your kids is not fun.
Try to cut them a brake and say thank you every now and again and you be amazed how much better you will get along with them. They may even be a bit more accommodating when it comes to new animals.

I wouldn't call $500 a week having money coming out of your ears. I'm not sure about rent where you come from but in my town your lucky to get a one bedder for $250 then put your power bill, water and insurances. Not to take into account clothes, food for you, food for the reps and play money. Then add transport costs to and from work.
$500 goes pretty quick.
I'm not about to pretend I know you or your parents but in my experience parents are really only looking out for your best interest. The worst thing is we really don't see it as kids but as you get older and have kids of your own you will realize how much easier it would be just to give your kids what they want. Having a battle every day with your kids is not fun.
Try to cut them a brake and say thank you every now and again and you be amazed how much better you will get along with them. They may even be a bit more accommodating when it comes to new animals.

I couldn't agree more, I'd be completely lost without my mum, we may fight a lot ut that's mainly my own fault cause I didn't like to listen to her, but everything is good now that I do listen and I do appreciate everything she has done for me. You should be greatful of your parents, they keep the roof over your head, keep foox on your plates and make sure you look after yourself. They teach you a lot of things but you have to listen to learn.

like I say to my 16 yr old one day you will understand lol and as others have said be thankful you are allowed the spottys ! and look forward to breeding more when you do eventualy leave the nest :D

I have just started breeding spotted pythons which my parents approved but now when i am being offered a breeding pair of beardies with their enclosures all for free my parents they say no, I have the money but struggle with space if only you were able to move out when your 16 :( I would be long gone :lol:
who else on this forum have trouble having parents, girlfriends or wives that don't understand our passion for reptiles let me know
Have you actually bred and raised ants, or anything else? Do you Know whats involved? Can you afford to feed them???

If your 16 and employed, you can leave home. If your parents are moving overseas, you can apply for housing, and get a great deal. If your dad is employing you in his company, why not get him to pay rent. If I was your girlfriends parents, I'd tell you to go jump!

Well that's not very nice, I wouldn't move out even if I had a job, there is nothing worse then having to pay each time for a learners test if you wanted your licence, then you got to think about the bus fairs,how fair away is work from your house. And to think how lonely it would get.
And you don't have to be employed to leave home.

Well that's not very nice, I wouldn't move out even if I had a job, there is nothing worse then having to pay each time for a learners test if you wanted your licence, then you got to think about the bus fairs,how fair away is work from your house. And to think how lonely it would get.
And you don't have to be employed to leave home.
He has a job!!! So he has obviously been working for a while! 25k pa.He's 16, so his parents are obviously O.K with him not going to school and working instead!He's working for his old man. He doesnt have much of a choice unless he moves to singapore or turns into a Vulcan at his GF's house! At 15/16, the social workers get involved these days for employment and housing. At least in vic they do. If I take on an apprentice, I go through all of that. AND, has he actually bred anything before???

QLD is the same. Infact they're probably worse. I've put up with them my whole life cause of my poor excuse of a father who always tried to ruin peoples lifes.

growing up was hard, my mum hates animals, the only animals she can stand are ones which end up on your dinner plate. i was not allowed to have a dog or cat ect.

my dad loved animals and bought be budgies, cockatoos and cockatiels he also got me 3 blue tongues wen i was 4 and encouraged my love of animals and reptiles. but my parents argued heaps over it.

wen my parents divorced i had to stay with my mum and i had to give up animals but as soon as i turned 18 and was working full time and helping pay the rent i bought a dog, we argued but since i was paying for everything for that dog and paying rent i really did not care what she thought, i also got a few birds, 1 guinea pig and heaps of fish. she ended up letting me have them because she saw that i look after them and that i loved them.

my mum moved overseas wen i was 20 and my sister was 18 we struggled renting our own place paying bills and groceries. plus i had my dog and 2 birds at the time i gave my fish to my older sister who was married and wanted them.

my sister had to go away for work for 4 months just weeks after we moved in to our own place and it was really hard. i felt so alone and missed my brother who was overseas with her. my younger sister ended up moving in with my older sister and i moved in with my now ex. 5 months after moving in she broke up with me and i moved in with a friend, my boss went bank rupt and i lost my job i struggled really hard but i made it.

my mother did not want us going overseas with her and we did not wanna go with her. so we had no choice but to stay and make our way on our own.

i don't regret it as i am so much stronger now, i live my own life and have as many animals/ reptiles as i want. i made alot of mistakes along the way but i have learnt from them.

at the end of the day we can all tell you to go with your parents ect, but its your life so do whats best for you.

there is not way i would have given up my dog to go overseas but i was a bit older than you and my mother told me to find my own place as she did not want us going with her.

you will learn from your mistakes and at times it may be hard, just make sure you save money for a rainy day and that you have some were else to stay incase things don't work out.
man that was touching, i have been through a bit also with my family. im only 16 and live with my dad and he lets me have anything i want i love him to bits and would be so stuck without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back