Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a adult calico/patternless bredli python, ive heard of 2 other calico bredli pythons and absolutly no patternless and calico bredli python other then mine, my point being is its definitely rare and the highest ive been offered is $3200 so i cant see a albino olive hatchling being anywhere worth $5000, as darryl kerrigan would say "Tell him he's dreaming''
call the person back that offered you $3200 and jump on it. There are a few of these ''faded'' bredli getting around and it is not a simple mode of inheritance so because of that they will always be worth very little, the way they look does help the situation either sorry

Privately by word of mouth, from one breeder to another. Another member who a majority of herpers will know has them up here in Darwin too. If you wish to know who, PM me.

There's also another person who I have dealt with in person who is on here who says his mate breeds them and sells them for $800- $1,000 per hatchling pending on clutches per season.

Think your name was Paul, if it was you could you please PM me.:)

Please let him know i'll buy all his clutches this coming year !!!!!
Let me know if he has any laying around atm so i can buy them as well ;)

I'm sure they've mixed up their albino's as Darwin's are not uncommon at $800 - $1000 and as already stated due to their breeding patterns, lines and rarity $5000 is a very respectable price... I've seen adults ready for this season. Still going for 10k..

I'll be looking at buying an albino olive one of these days the max I would pay is probably around 2-3k so I may be waiting a little but if there is one guarantee tgey will come down in price in time

My fiancée paid $9000 for hers about 3 years ago now, so I think $5000 is a perfectly reasonable price, especially when you factor in how tricky they can be to breed.

According to scales and tails Facebook page you can pick them up for as little as $450 :rolleyes:
I just had a quick look and can not see that , are you able to screenshot that part and post it here or maybe drop me the link via PM.

Its been deleted now, didn't last long. I wouldn't get too excited at the possibility of a 400 dollar albino olive...

Its been deleted now, didn't last long. I wouldn't get too excited at the possibility of a 400 dollar albino olive...
I wasn't thinking I would get a bargain but was finding it hard to believe they would have something like that on there page.

I think they are doing a special this week Zimbarbee but you'll have to send your money quickly.

I'll be looking at buying an albino olive one of these days the max I would pay is probably around 2-3k so I may be waiting a little but if there is one guarantee tgey will come down in price in time
I don't see them coming down to that price anytime soon... It's not like darwins where it was a simple case of the more released the more will that will be produced flooding the market. Albino olives are much harder to produce and just because you have a pair that doesn't mean they will produce.

According to this thread 3 years ago someone bought one for 9k you can now get one between 5-6k which is s drop in 3-4k so from that you could expect in 3-4 years they will probably drop to 2-3k especially with the current sliding economy.

And a good 5 years ago they were saying gtps were hard to breed.

Yeah but green tree pythons aren't hard to breed.
Were GTP's once considered hard to breed? Could someone come up with a technique that gets olive pythons to breed more easily? Why are normal coloured olive pythons going for as little as $300 if they are hard to breed?

Were GTP's once considered hard to breed? Could someone come up with a technique that gets olive pythons to breed more easily? Why are normal coloured olive pythons going for as little as $300 if they are hard to breed?

Lack of demand?

I'd guess that someone will eventually stumble on the "magic technique" to get them to breed consistently. I've personally heard a couple of theories so it's possible. We can only hope. I want to be able to afford one of these guys in the future

Each year there are more and more potential breeders as the age of the existing Albino Olives increases. I would guesstimate there are three times the potential breeders being mated this year, as compared to last year, and this year they cover a diversity of breeding technniques, which as Sax says may increase the likelihood of stumbling across the "majic technique".

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard that albino males can be lazy and issues with fertility from albino x albino pairings. I've never tried to breed albinos or normal olives so I don't have the answers however I'm sure you can't just go catch a whole bunch of albinos to increase captive population and chances of successful breeding.

One day someone probably will come up with the answer however I wouldn't put money on it being any time soon plenty of capable breeders have struggled to consistently breed albino olives and not through a lack of trying.

According to this thread 3 years ago someone bought one for 9k you can now get one between 5-6k which is s drop in 3-4k so from that you could expect in 3-4 years they will probably drop to 2-3k especially with the current sliding economy.

And a good 5 years ago they were saying gtps were hard to breed.
There are very few albino to albino pairs that have successfully breed, the fact most albinos are coming from het x het pairs and even then a lot of people cant get them to breed constantly. yes the price will eventually come down to 2 - 3k but not anytime soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back