FINallly Got the thing to EAT!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotta

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi all well about 5 months back i brought a hatchy that was supposed to be feeding , turns out it hadn't been feeding,. I tried everything to get it feeding dipping in egg yolk, using tuna/sardine oil, quali chicks,chicken,chicken stock, scenting with skink, using skink tails the only thing that kinda worked were skink tails but i couldn't find them anywhere!. So today i thought hey may like fish? so i scooped out a zebra danio and as soon as i put it in bam! smashed it straight away!! now to get him onto pinkies....

IMAG1115.jpgIMAG1116.jpgIMAG1118.jpgIMAG1117.jpg lol by the way the snake is roughly 6 monthsIMAG1122.jpgIMAG1123.jpgIMAG1124.jpg

Last edited:
apparently feeding fish as a whole diet is very bad they say to put some vegemite on the fish anyway you may want to look that up i'm sure it will be fine with a balanced diet congratulations on that though very nice

apparently feeding fish as a whole diet is very bad they say to put some vegemite on the fish anyway you may want to look that up i'm sure it will be fine with a balanced diet congratulations on that though very nice
thanks
yeah not gonna feed him fish as a staple im gonna try to get him onto pinkies or fuzzies. lol never heard of putting vegemite on a fish before ill look into it

thanks
yeah not gonna feed him fish as a staple im gonna try to get him onto pinkies or fuzzies. lol never heard of putting vegemite on a fish before ill look into it
ive forgotten where I read it but it was an interesting article any way all the best gorgeous snake aswell

Wtg mate, is that the high yellow Diamond Rob (Bart70) was telling me you had, it is beautiful, would love to see the pics of it when bigger :) ......................Ron

Wtg mate, is that the high yellow Diamond Rob (Bart70) was telling me you had, it is beautiful, would love to see the pics of it when bigger :) ......................Ron

thanks yes it is

My spotted hasn't eaten for 3 weeks how long can a snake go without food . I'm getting worried, he is 3 years old and healthy size. Does anyone have any answers . The different foods I will try I hope that works

My spotted hasn't eaten for 3 weeks how long can a snake go without food . I'm getting worried, he is 3 years old and healthy size. Does anyone have any answers . The different foods I will try I hope that works

i wouldnt be too worried they can go for long periods without food, it may be the cold weather most antaresia species stop eating during winter..maybe try bumping up the temp a little

Thanks that's made me feel much better .. But how long til I really need to feed him also my hatchling jungles is a great eater even though its winter . Must be the temps

I had an ant go 2 yrs without a feed so don't be worried bout 3 weeks. She also bred during that two yr hunger strike

Well done Buddy,

My fellow took a while to get going but then went gangbusters...only to get a bit fussy and 'hit and miss' over the last few weeks but I put it down to the cooler weather. He still eats but only a fraction of what he was eating.....either choosing pinkie mice (normally eats weaners) or a weaner every 2 or 3 weeks instead of weekly. He is not losing weight and it active and happy so am not worried.

It is a relief though when a fussy eater finally feeds!

hey all
Just an update on my fussy hatchy,it has been a couple of days and he seems to take fish readily, so i decided to try and feed him a pinky. First i grabbed a pinkiy and defrosted it then i took a small rosy barb and shoved the fish tail first into the pinkies mouth and success!! he finally ate his very first pinky!!!
here are the pics taken a couple of mins ago
IMAG1146.jpgIMAG1140.jpgIMAG1147.jpgIMAG1141.jpgIMAG1143.jpgIMAG1138.jpg

Last edited:
Well done getting him onto Pinkies.
I might have to shove some Quail/Chick feathers/parts in a Weaner Rats mouth and see if that works on my fussy MD.
Tried a Chick and Rat defrosted in the same water but that didn't work.

thanks guys
@ tobe404 thanks you never know it might do the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back