It's that time of year...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe404

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So who else's Snakes have started to go off their food? Would be interesting to know. As I comparison mine are as follows:

My smaller MD (about 3ft and 220g) still coils his food but no longer finishes his meals. Last was a 5 day old chick on 28/5
The bigger MD (about 5-6ft and 1.5kg) doesn't seem interested in food lately. (Last being a Sub-Adult Rat on 27/5 and left over Weaner Rat on 28/5.)
Just paces 'her' cage... Sounds like she might be a 'he'?
Offered her a Small Adult Rat tonight but no go. She's taken Regular Adult and even Large Adult Rats before with no problems.
I might try down sizing the MDs meals even more and see how that goes. In about 5-7 days.

Been waiting for the Jungle (around 5ft and 1.15kg) to shed the last 10-11 days. Which happened this morning. It smashed down a Small Adult Rat and left over 5 Day Old Chick tomight with no dramas.
Which is around it's usual meal size. Haven't had to down size as of yet it seems.

The MDs and Jungle are all around 16-17 months old.

Recently got a couple of Coastals and they've had two meals. Last being tonight just before dark.

My 2 1/2 year old spotted has had no interest in food since I fed him a fuzzy rat at the end of March. He's had one shed since then.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

No interest in food in any of ours and womas are doing the deed as I type.

My MD is still eating fuzzy rats weekly. Not sure if he will go off food. He's only about 14or so months old from what the shop told me. I'm keeping heat up so he might keep eating but then, the majority of the time his enclosure is just above room temp so as far as ambient temps go (about 24 warm end, 22 cool end) and 2x 33ish degree basking spots.

my spotteds are all brumating as are my bredli's ambient are 20-25 with the basking sites on 4 hrs in the morings, only things still going are my juy MD and my juv woma which are on their usual 25-32 with the basking sites on 12hrs

My spottie is now 8 yrs old and goes off his food for long periods. The last feed he had was in January, he barely loses any condition or weight:D\
Jungle & Coastal still having fornight feeds aswell as the black-head
BTW the bluie is going off food having 1 or 2 feeds a week
P.s She's fat

Last edited:
My snakes have never stopped feeding, well...
apart from the jungles which I no longer have.

All my pythons have still been eating lately.
Always have, every 10-12 days... maybe they are just pigs.

Just thought i would update this...
Little MD took a Week Old Quail again tonight.
Not sure why he didn't finish off the Chicks the last two feeds.

Nothing in his enclosure has been changed...
and it's actually colder outside than when I first posted.

Will keep you updated about the others over the next day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back