baby names (not snake)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phatty

Reaction score
hi all
found out the missus is up the duff :D 8)
she is looking for so call modern names (not many that i like)
so i though you guys can be creative some times haha any suggestions
i would like more of a Australian name ;)
i have already told the missus she can not call my child after a home and away character :shock:
so what are your ideas

So APS even has name my baby threads now. ;)

why not i though it would bring out some good names and i cant see how any arguments can break out in a thread like this but how know it is asp
i guess it better then i just bought a 6 ft snake never owned one how many pickies should it get, i would freeze out side but my snake should be fine ect ect ect :) ;)

one name i was thinking is Rusty boy Savannah, Karlia girl
i have spoken to the missus about normal names but she is not keen we still have a while but i am getting scared i dont want me kid pick on because her mother had to name her hahaha

This may help / Or not 1) Zealand: If you need a refresher on what the names were that were banned in New Zealand, they are: Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii, Fish and Chips (twins), Yeah Detroit, Keenan Got Lucy and Sex Fruit.

2) Italy: Venerdi (translates to 'Friday'). An Italian couple were banned from naming their child Venerdi. This was due to the fictional character Friday in 'Robinsone Crusoe', the court thought the name would leave the child open to 'mockery' and was associated with 'subservience and insecurity".

3) Sweden: I really don't know why the Swedes chose to ban Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116, it sounds like a perfectly reasonable name to me! The couple who were trying to use this name (which they were going to pronounce 'Albin') were turned down. Other names that have been banned in Sweden are Metallica, IKEA and Veranda.

4) Norway: Gesher (translates to "Bridge"). The woman who tried to name her child Gesher ended up in jail after not paying the fine for giving her son an unapproved name.

5) Malaysia: Chow Tow (translates to 'Smelly head'). Other names which are banned are: Ah Chwar ('Snake'), Khiow Khoo ('Hunchback'), Sor Chai ('Insane'). Why didn't I think of calling one of my boys "Sor Chai Chow Tow"?

6) China: '@'. Apparently the @ symbol looks like the Chinese character for "love him", but the name was denied anyway.

7) Germany: Miatt. Poor Miatt was denied by the regulation-mad Germans, who have a whole department devoted to deciding what names are appropriate. Other names banned in Germany are: Stompie, Woodstock and Grammophon.

8) Denmark: Denmark have banned ... hehehehehe .... 'Anus' as a name. 'Anus' was only one of the 250 names which Denmark has banned ... (anus, hehe).

9) Portugal: Portugal is pretty strict with their names, with more than 2,000 names on the rejected list. For example you're allowed to use Tomás but not Tom, and your certainly can't call your child Ovnis (which translates to UFO).

10) Japan: Amongst the many Japanese banned baby names, one man tried to call his son Akuma (Japanese for 'Devil'), which was denied.

I loved Mikhail for a boy, I also like Matteo for a boy and Harmony for a girl.

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I named my son Archie and my daughter Amira... They've both survived preschool without teasing and ridicule so that's a win for us....

Amira is pretty i ended up calling my daughter Aurora Rose

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I knew of a child that had Greek grandparents who wanted him named some ethnic name after one of its relatives and when the parents gave him an ordinary anglicized name called him by the name they wanted anyway!

First of all congrats on being fertile

As for names, seeing your asking herpers to name your kid I'm surprised no ones suggesting reptile related/inspired names like milli, cheynei, colletti, christinus, gilleni, liasis, morelia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back