WOW! Cool snake. Check this out!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B_STATS

It's called a 'Dragon snake' or Xenodermus javanicus. It's incredible! I had never heard of them before today! Apparently not a lot of people have.
DragonSnake.jpg

Ew I dislike people that only care for reptiles because they're 'different' and valuable. My two babies are common Childrens and Jungle pythons, definitely not expensive but no less special. But I still think this is amazing looking! Look at the ridges along it, no other snake like it as far as I've seen. Almost like a legless dragon.

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently this snake used to be a colubrid but now has its own class??
also it seems that it is very hard to keep them in captivity as they are very prone to stress and it seems a member on here keeps a pair or kept them

Last edited:
Ew I dislike people that only care for reptiles because they're 'different' and valuable. My two babies are common Childrens and Jungle pythons, definitely not expensive but no less special. But I still think this is amazing looking! Look at the ridges along it, no other snake like it as far as I've seen. Almost like a legless dragon.
Yes, makes you wonder if it's a leftover from dragons, and yes I totally believe they existed, it is a very cool looking snake, would love to see the rest of it's head too :D

Yes, makes you wonder if it's a leftover from dragons, and yes I totally believe they existed, it is a very cool looking snake, would love to see the rest of it's head too :D

I didn't mean fantasy dragons ha ha I meant like Bearded Dragons etc. Of course fantasy dragons never existed, they were merely dinosaurs dug up and discovered before people had any sense.

I didn't mean fantasy dragons ha ha I meant like Bearded Dragons etc. Of course fantasy dragons never existed, they were merely dinosaurs dug up and discovered before people had any sense.
hahaha why not, of course they existed, and yeah they probably were part of the dinosaur era, but who really knows, and I know you meant those dragons, the water dragons are my favorite lizard, they are such characters and so bold :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back