Lace Monitor night time temperature?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockie_1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So my Lacey has out grown his/her enclosure and is about to go into the new one next week. Anyhow I'll just be running a 100watt flood light without a thermostat during the day to meet the 40-50 degree basking spot however where I live can get chilly at night but our house is reasonably new and well insulated and if it's a 0 degree night it gets no lower than 14 degrees inside should I be running night heat? like a heat mat or is that temperature acceptable?

They can handle low temps at night, my aviary (in western Sydney) frost up thru winter, his out basking every sunny day tho. If you dont supply night heat it will slow down a lot on the food

I'm in melbourne. It's pretty cold now!!! My lacies are in the shed, in an open wire cage. They get a 100 watt from 7am-6pm, and nothing through the night. A thick wooden box is their hide. Southern adult animals should handle the temps ok. 14degs at night is fine.Even lower wont hurt at night.

I'm in melbourne. It's pretty cold now!!! My lacies are in the shed, in an open wire cage. They get a 100 watt from 7am-6pm, and nothing through the night. A thick wooden box is their hide. Southern adult animals should handle the temps ok. 14degs at night is fine.Even lower wont hurt at night.

Hey mate well I'm near Ballarat and everyone knows Ballarat's reputation for being cold. It's a bells phase so it's definately far from home haha but should that matter because bells phase monitors are usually found in warmer arid areas?

Thanks you to everyone else for your advice also all the feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

What type of enclosure is it in? Outdoor or indoor? 14 degs at night indoor, no draughts, should be fine for subs and up. How old is it, and how big?

It's a bells phase so it's definately far from home haha but should that matter because bells phase monitors are usually found in warmer arid areas?

Who told you that? A Lace Monitor is a Lace Monitor, regardless of colour

I read it in a book mate I forget what it's exactly called but it's pretty general I think it may be called "An introduction into breeding and keeping Australian reptiles"

Hmm interesting. Well it's still Varanus varius so I wouldn't be overly concerned about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back