Good places to go herping on the Central Coast, NSW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyl3r

Reaction score
Hi,
I live on the Central Coast, NSW and I was wondering if anyone knows any good spots to go herping on the Central Coast, NSW? I understand nothing will be out and about at the moment. Maybe there might be on the hotter days.. But yeah, as the title says, just wondering if anyone knows where some good herping spots are on the Central Coast, NSW.

Thank you,
Tyler

Hahaha :) I don't want to see thing in enclosures or at a 'zoo'. I want to see the 'herps' in their natural habitats. :p

Look on a map, find some bush, walk in to it and start searching.
Not many people will be willing to give up their spots.

Good herping spots are like good fishing spots, they are secrets. I do not think you will have any luck at all asking on a forum for spots to go as people do not want their spots ruined or worse have poaching occur. Best idea is to research the species that you want to find, learn about their ecology and habitat that they live in then go look for these areas. You will end up gaining a greater knowledge of the animals you are looking for. You will also get a sense of accomplishment by being able to do it yourself and by learning this stuff can also help you to make better choices for your captive reptiles.
Cheers Cameron

Hey Tyl3r, I live on the central coast too, would be good to have a herping buddy to go turn over some rocks with....

Hey Mate i live on the central coast to and have a heap of good spots, ill shoot u a pm, still plenty of reps about if you know where to look ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back