This makes me sick, Lacie on gumtree.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would, but I already have 3 lacies, one being problematic that takes most of my time. It wouldn't be a smart idea for me to take on this one aswell.

Very wise, the less you take on the more undivided your time is, especially if you have a special needs rep ! I know I'm reacting over the top here but it actually drives me crazy to see something like this, do you think we could make another thread with this photo asking if anyone with the time, space, adequet experience ,passion and is fit to own and revive this animal is willing to buy it... And rescue it ? I'm not delegating I will put my hand up to make it ? Or an I just too hopeful ?

Gahhh ! I don't have the space for a lacy (unless I dedicated a large room) which ain't happening .... But can someone on this forum please save it !!!!!!!!! Ah

It's a lose-lose situation unfortunately. If you buy the lacie, you have taken on a potentially problematic animal, and the owner gets the impression that it's okay to buy an animal and neglect it because they can just on sell it to someone else when they get bored. Unfortunately either way it's really a lost cause because if someone doesn't buy it, the owner will probably just neglect it to death. :(

It's a lose-lose situation unfortunately. If you buy the lacie, you have taken on a potentially problematic animal, and the owner gets the impression that it's okay to buy an animal and neglect it because they can just on sell it to someone else when they get bored. Unfortunately either way it's really a lost cause because if someone doesn't buy it, the owner will probably just neglect it to death. :(

I know if someone purchases it, we are encouraging people like this to think it is ok to continue with this abuse, but surely this animal deserves a second chance. what if an email was sent to him saying the only reason this animal was purchased is to take it out of your dangerous hands and prohibit your actions of further condemning it to a slow painful death - and their is much more I could say to this person but it would be getting nasty haha .....

Gumtree is not the place to buy any reptiles , simple.

I brought my Jungle off a breeder who was advertising on Gumtree,
Had no problem at all. Bloke was very nice and genuine.
I think it comes more down to the person selling the Reptiles.
Not so much the avenue that they choose to sell their Reptiles through..

spot on , only way id deal with something like this would be to do your own detective work disguised as a buyer , get your own pics , and lead the national parks officers straight to them i personally wont be doing this but if someone wants to use the idea ;);) they can be slow to act but with enough persistence they do get the job done from my experience

I just did some digging....... The enclosure they are kept in is a 4x3x2 meter bird aviary ... And apparently the enclosure in the picture above is a female in cooling ........my lizards are brumating currently and haven't dropped any body fat ... That can't be from cooling can it ?

not that much weight loss as reptiles just started to be cooled.

Cooling over the last three week apparently when the damage was done

Last edited by a moderator:
that much weight loss was definalty not from 3 weeks of cooling she has been like that for a while by the looks of it and cooling her in that condition might kill her. i would not cool her or worry about breeding, he should be feeding her and getting her back to a good weight.

oh and he changed the price from $600 to $700

really annoyed right now.

Last edited:
Report the ad to the RSPCA attach the photos, they should have a reptile expert on staff. They deserve the same respect and care as any other animal

I reported it too !!!! I messaged him before and shouldn't have given myself access to his number - tempted to abuse.......
Cooling for 3 weeks is the worst excuse I have ever heard, that is pure neglect and you don't have to know much to see it.

i'll take ya word for it, i haven't seen all that many as pets and the only enclosure i got to see one in looked to be 100x50x50 or so which i guess might be considered as small, they seem so placid when handling though, like they just become ragdolls and don't bother trying to move

You haven't met my bluetongue! He's such a character.

Thats so sad, the poor thing :(

There was a really skinny beardie not that long ago on GT, so sad to see animals for sale that look like that.
If my beardie got skinny, I would be worried, he loves his food.

That lacie looks like it's come from straight out of the bush and it's refused to feed for him (probably due to the set-up and stress).

I'd do wonders with that lacie in my care, but I've got my own to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back