Breeding a giant with an ant

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oopsiodeed

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im a long time reader but first time posting and realy interested in getting into breeding snakes. I have recently purchased a male albino and 100% het female. I have done a bit of research and with my female being 950g I dont really want to breed her this year as I believe she is a little small to push her into breeding. I also have another female about 2.6kg and was thinking of breeding my albino male with her but he is only about 1kg. My question is is it ok to try breeding two snake that far apart in weight or would they manage ok? One part of me is worried she is too big for him but other thinks they will be fine! Any help and comment would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Aaron

wait until next year, the female is to small imo, the male may not even be sexually mature yet

Give it a go. You have nothing to loose. I have seen some very small males mate larger females and have eggs

Male at a kilo is fine, Ive got 700 gram morelia mating as I'm typing this.

Females to small in my oppinion, my general rule is min 1.5kg but prefer 2kg on my girls.

The big female and the small male should be okay, but watch the introduction closely. I introduced my proven male to a friend's female and discovered that my friend's 'female' was male, too! Combat is pretty dramatic. If they hadn't been the same size, the little one might have been damaged before we separated them. Having said that, I paired my male and female for the first time when he was about 1 kg. I watched closely for a long time before I was satisfied that they would be okay if I left them alone. If he is properly cooled, he should be able to do the job. At 2.6 kg, she is prime and ready.

It will be fine, I had a male Morelia not much thicker than a finger do the job last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back