Oh mate. This thing is testing me. (JET-001)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B_STATS

Set up a new enclosure with a JET-001 thermostat. Pretty sure I set it up right. Have the light in the second socket for heating as per the manual. Night time temp set to 24C with 1C variation, righto thinking sweet now if it goes too low or high it'll do the regular thermostaty thing and flick on/off as needed. Set the max temp change to 5C so the alarm sounds if it drops 5 either way. Thing is the alarm is going off when it drops too low but the light isn't coming back on to fix that. The instructions are pretty straight forward but in practise it's doing my head in. Any vets to this thermo able to help? Only thing I can think of is the sockets are mislabelled and I have it in the 'lighting' socket which means it'll only turn on between 6AM and 6:30PM.

Set up a new enclosure with a JET-001 thermostat. Pretty sure I set it up right. Have the light in the second socket for heating as per the manual. Night time temp set to 24C with 1C variation, righto thinking sweet now if it goes too low or high it'll do the regular thermostaty thing and flick on/off as needed. Set the max temp change to 5C so the alarm sounds if it drops 5 either way. Thing is the alarm is going off when it drops too low but the light isn't coming back on to fix that. The instructions are pretty straight forward but in practise it's doing my head in. Any vets to this thermo able to help? Only thing I can think of is the sockets are mislabelled and I have it in the 'lighting' socket which means it'll only turn on between 6AM and 6:30PM.
I have heard of them being mislabelled.

So it was the bloody instructions... That's it never reading the things again. Better off winging it ha ha.

I do not use my 'over' or 'under' temp alarms.......

I found that the alarm would go off each time the 'timed temp' time changed. For example:

If I had the Day temp set to 28C, and Night temp set to 20c and the Temp Alarm set to 5c - Every time the thermostat would switch from 'Day' to 'Night' the alarm would go off because the temp would be 28c but the Night setting is 20c - it would alarm until the temp dropped to 25c (5c temp differential set for the alarm).

I get the same thing but in reverse when going from 'Night' to 'Day'.

Other than this anomaly I have had no issues with the Jet series - I have Jet-005's but they program the same as the 001's, they just have a dimming instead of switching thermostat function.

As mentioned the sockets were labelled wrong on some earlier models but I thought they had been sorted. You could test it by leaving all settings the same but adjusting your time to 5.58am and wait 3 mins and see if the socket comes alive (I say 3 mins cos I *think* it does not switch until it is past the set time...so 6.01am it should switch from memory).

You would then be able to test the sockets straight up.

*EDIT - Looks like you found the problem while I was typing. Interested to know if you have the 'over' and 'under' alarm issue like I have when you get it up and running

I do not use my 'over' or 'under' temp alarms.......

I found that the alarm would go off each time the 'timed temp' time changed. For example:

If I had the Day temp set to 28C, and Night temp set to 20c and the Temp Alarm set to 5c - Every time the thermostat would switch from 'Day' to 'Night' the alarm would go off because the temp would be 28c but the Night setting is 20c - it would alarm until the temp dropped to 25c (5c temp differential set for the alarm).

I get the same thing but in reverse when going from 'Night' to 'Day'.

Other than this anomaly I have had no issues with the Jet series - I have Jet-005's but they program the same as the 001's, they just have a dimming instead of switching thermostat function.

As mentioned the sockets were labelled wrong on some earlier models but I thought they had been sorted. You could test it by leaving all settings the same but adjusting your time to 5.58am and wait 3 mins and see if the socket comes alive (I say 3 mins cos I *think* it does not switch until it is past the set time...so 6.01am it should switch from memory).

You would then be able to test the sockets straight up.

Yeah it was the instructions. Ha ha I've been beeping buttons all day before I thought they might be wrong. Not sure who the biggest idiot is, the guy who wrote them or me not testing it straight up. I was trusting the instructions to be there to make sure I don't mess up so I blamed myself. So to turn off the alarm I just set the over/under temp to 0?

Had the same problem and found that the instructions were wrong as well. Took me a while and a lot of swearing at the stupid alarm too. :evil:

Had the same problem and found that the instructions were wrong as well. Took me a while and a lot of swearing at the stupid alarm too. :evil:

Ha ha shoulda heard me mate! If snakes had ears...

Yeah it was the instructions. Ha ha I've been beeping buttons all day before I thought they might be wrong. Not sure who the biggest idiot is, the guy who wrote them or me not testing it straight up. I was trusting the instructions to be there to make sure I don't mess up so I blamed myself. So to turn off the alarm I just set the over/under temp to 0?

No...To turn it off hold both the 'Up Arrow' and 'Down Arrow' together for 2 or 3 seconds....It will show 'AL' flashing if the alarm is on, or NO flashing if the alarm is off. Release both the arrows and push either arrow to toggle between 'AL' (Alarm On) or NO (Alarm Off).

No...To turn it off hold both the 'Up Arrow' and 'Down Arrow' together for 2 or 3 seconds....It will show 'AL' flashing if the alarm is on, or NO flashing if the alarm is off. Release both the arrows and push either arrow to toggle between 'AL' (Alarm On) or NO (Alarm Off).

Cheers. That wasn't written on the instructions or even mentioned. Saved me a 6AM wake up call.

It is written in the instructions......but it is well hidden. I know a couple of times I have gone looking for it and it took me ages of reading to find it. Mine also came with 2 sets of instructions....one on a 'folded up' sheet and another set on a small strip of paper....From memory one is easier to follow...I think it is the strip one.

I learned quick when I got my 6.30am wake up call the first time it was on! I would love to make the alarm work as it is a great feature.....but it does not seem intelligent enough to realise the temp differential has been caused by changing time zones and not a malfunction.

I fixed all those probs with the alarms beeping all the time by setting all my under and over temps to "0" (JET-001).......works for me :) ...........................Ron

THANK YOU I was about to turf this thermostat altogether it was driving me nuts. Works fine but you can't have switching day/night temps without the alarm making you insane. Alarm is now off :)

took me a while to get used to it but i know how to use it easy now but yeah was a complete pain

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back