What Can I Make Out Of Clay For A Snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardlove

Reaction score
Hi Everyone ,
I Have A 5 Month Old Blonde Spotted Python Hatching . He Is Very Friendly And Handles And I Want To Make Him Something For Him Out Of Clay I Was Thinking A Hide Or Something Like That . Also If Anyone Know How To Waterproof Clay That Would Be Very Helpful . Has Anyone Ever Done This Before? If You Have Please Post A Photo Of What You Made Or If You Have Any Ideas :D
Thanks For Your Time
Lizardlove

you could make a hide or waterbowl or even make something he could climb on
but i wouldnt know how to go about waterproofing would glaze work?

I make clay caves/tunnels from air drying clay for my gex and hatchy snakes. On the rare occasion that they do get crapped on its pretty easy to scrape it off, or wipe with a wet cloth, if that doesnt work at under 50c a cave the bin is also a good option. :)

I make clay caves/tunnels from air drying clay for my gex and hatchy snakes. On the rare occasion that they do get crapped on its pretty easy to scrape it off, or wipe with a wet cloth, if that doesnt work at under 50c a cave the bin is also a good option. :)

What do u use to waterproof it?

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

i dont, if they get too soiled i chuck them. (has never happened and some caves are 5+ years old)

i dont, if they get too soiled i chuck them. (has never happened and some caves are 5+ years old)

What sort of clay are you using and where do you get it from Chris1? My mrs makes earings and pendants for her and her friends, but that clay is realllllly expensive. I think its called something cute like Sculpey or Sculptey? Its a polymer clay which is all i know about it.

Sick of looking at the overturned plastic pot plant hides :p

Yea I Have Air Dry Clay And Polymer Clay (Oven Bake) . I Dont Think I Will Use The Polymer Clay As I Have To Use A Quite A Bit . I Will Use Air Dry Clay Which Is Cheaper.

Can you put the air dry clay in the oven ?? if so the lady over my back fence used to make ornaments and nik naks from clay and used a low heat glaze she got from the hobby shop to seal them, what i mean by low heat is 250 deg C as against the 900 deg D commercial grade that you need a pottery oven for, failing that is there any reason you can't use something like pond tite to seal it ???? :) .................................Ron

I just made 2 new caves out of plaster of paris and sealed them with non toxic pond sealer

Post photos of them complete i would love to see your handy work. also a hide seems cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back