New Sand Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coppersimon

Reaction score
Got this little beauty from the OEH it was caught by someone in their garage well out of its natural range and they couldn't find an owner. It has had the end of its tail bitten off by something but it is now healing well. uploadfromtaptalk1371373033887.jpg

Yes it is illegal but this animal was found to be unsuitable for release by national parks and in nsw they ballot off these animals to keepers so they don't have to put the animal down.

Where is OEH posting their notifications about the ballots these days? They used to post here on APS. Are they still doing that or using some other means to announce the ballots?

Where is OEH posting their notifications about the ballots these days? They used to post here on APS. Are they still doing that or using some other means to announce the ballots?

They email ballots to you if you're in the area of the
animal and if you have your email address in the ebook system.

Oh ok, nice monitor anyway, does it bite?

No doesn't it doesn't bite yet. It's still very small, I would guess less then a year old but I'm sure when it's fully grown at around 1.4 meters I won't want to find out if it bites then either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back