Hello everyone - Monitor research

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm an avid lizard keeper from Brisbane, who is also a zoology student doing post-grad research on Varanids at University of Qld. I'm looking into the evolution of the carrying system of monitors (backbone/muscular anatomy), and how this effects their locomotion (biomechanics/kinematics).

If any monitor keepers out there have photos or ideally video footage of their pets being active (running, standing on hind legs or climbing), I'd really appreciate having a look, as measurements can be made from such footage.

Also, if anyone happens to have/know of a monitor that for any reason passes away over the next 6-10 months (an awful thought I know), but you can dedicate their body to scientific research which will help understand more about their evolutionary history and why some species of monitor are becoming rarer in the wild.

Thanks heaps. :)

Elspeth

I can't help with any footage, unfortunately, but it sounds like a fascinating project. Good luck with it. Would love to know the results.

Ren (Zoology/ecology student at JCU)

I have some footage and photos I can send, Its only mobile phone footage though. Inbox me an email :)

We have heaps!
We have Spencer's, panoptes and a Lacey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back