Insulation tape

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragondragon

Reaction score
Whats the name or code for the insulation tape from bunnings thanks need to send someone to get it i need to tape down some heat matts to a rack

Ametalin Insulation Tape 50mm 50m roll
Model number: IDT-5050

It's the one that's good for -40°c to 127°c. On the Bunnings website, it's on the second page under the Our Range > Builders and Renovators > Insulation category. :)

Where is it in a bunnings store? Was in there the other day and couldn't find it, nor could the employees(big surprise right). Wasn't in tape section, wasn't with vents and aircon ducting or with door and weatherseals

Mine was near the aircon ducting

Vengeance has given you the details, ask at the front of store, they should be able to point you in the right direction. Or find the oldest worker you can and ask them :)

What are the uses of insulation tape in regards to reptile enclosures?

The best stuff to use is the aluminium tape from Jaycar - I use the 50mm wide stuff over 2 runs of heat cord, it conducts heat very well and makes a nice warm strip on the bottom of your hatchy tubs. If you have a Jaycar store near you, get it from there, or you can order it online. Not expensive.

Jamie

It's used to tape heat cord or heat mats in place. It has a high tolerance for heat and is water resistant, so it's quite handy.

We used the tape to secure heat cord to a tile, and then covered that with another tile before placing the tiles under our hatchling's enclosures. This was a much cheaper alternative to using heat mats with each enclosure (we've got three), and it's less likely to have a fault and cause the plastic enclosures to melt. The tiles also give off an even spread of heat, without significant hot spots.

We also found the tape near aircon ducting/roof insulation.

What are the uses of insulation tape in regards to reptile enclosures?

people route a groove into MDF, lay a heat cord into it, then use the aluminium tape over the top to help 'spread' the heat, then lay a tile or slate on top as a basking spot.

This is interesting, i may look into this when i finish my second enclosure. I used a silicone to secure my heat cord, maybe the heat would be a better option.

So your saying if i used the heat cord the heat tape and put it inbetween tiles it would give an even spreed of the heat i cant grout the wood i have cause i dont have a grouter is there anything other people do thanks for the help guys

I got some 9mm thick square wooden rod, cut around the tile on some mdf, glued some rod around the edges of the mdf and made a sort of "maze" in the middle that I wound the heat cord through before putting the tile on top. Heats the tile up great. I'll take a photo once I'm home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back