Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This concept would not apply to criminal activity that causes harm to others or the environment. Bringing in exotic animals without supervision and quarantine places Australia at serious risk of diseases and pests. Which causes harm. The same can be said for most other exotics too, especially carnivorous predators, and they do pose similar threats.

If you were talking about drugs or voluntary euthanasia (AKA medically assisted suicide), I would agree that it should be virtually completely decriminalised and available to all who wish to avail themselves of it. Unfortunately the government (or it's mouthpiece) tells us that our bodies belong to us, but I see -as do most people with any real intelligence- that only applies to abortion. It doesn't apply to drugs or voluntary euthanasia. Something I am personally at loggerheads with. But that's just how it is. I would say it's all about money and that makes sense to me. Private interests simply don't want any competition or any interruption from their profit streams to occur. Voluntary euthanasia's availability would disrupt a massive money stream to those who benefit from forcing patients to live against their will. With drugs, well, don't get me started. Big alcohol industry doesn't want the competition, neither does big tobacco, and big pharmaceutical companies want their fingers in the pie too, so they have a hand in this crap as well. Enough said? Now the irony with abortion is that it is an enormously profitable business, and I guess nobody wants to discuss that because it is embarrassing to say the least. I am here if only to disseminate facts, I don't discuss religious viewpoints, but I most certainly WILL discuss facts in relation to politics if I think it's appropriate.

To sum it up, you only have "rights" that "they" want you to have. Forget the rest, you'll go to prison if you don't do as you're told, so to speak.

But for environmental risks there needs to be regulations in place. We need to regulate what happens here as well (eg. mining, and certain industries which can cause environmental damage, such as logging) as what comes in from overseas.

Just a few points -

There is no business in abortions. There is no company called Abortions r Us. Abortions are covered by medicare except for the theatre room costs as they are considered elective surgery.

Voluntary euthanasia would save the public health system huge amounts of money. If the gvt had the chance to cut costs on the PBS and medicare expenses you don't think they would jump at it? I agree it's lobby groups standing in the way but it's not the pharmaceutical companies. They stand to make money from the drugs involved in euthanizing patients. They most likely wouldn't use bullets or a plastic bag. It's the Australian Christian Lobby that has prevented any advance in voluntary euthanasia.

The 'competition' to alcohol as you put it already exists. People have been doing drugs since we came down from the trees. In countries where certain drugs have been legalised there has been no increase in their consumption.

Big tobacco has no sway over the gvt and their legislative powers. If you read the actual news rather than conspiracy theory papers you might have noticed that the Australian gvt just took them on and won.

Last edited:
I haven't got an interest in exotic reptiles. Good ol' Straya has all the best ones :p

--sorry I moved my post to a new topic --

Last edited:
Some other scientific/research purpose can't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back