Darn cats!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I accidentally left the bedroom door open this morning when I left for work and when I got home this afternoon the cats had knocked the three snake tubs off their bench! Probably didn't help that I was in a rush to leave this morning and I'd had to clean two of them before I left so they were all stacked on top of each other.

Two of them were on their sides with their lids still clipped on, but one was cracked and the lid had come off, letting loose my male yearling jungle! Went searching like a crazy girl for him, but after 20min I had to leave to pick my partner up from the airport. I left a large cardboard box with a thawed mouse inside it on the ground, hoping to lure him out and also put his hide out on a heat pad, closed and sealed the bedroom door and prayed for some good luck.
When we got home I checked out the hide and the box to no avail and was just about to walk off to another area of the bedroom to start tearing the place apart when lo and behold, there he was sitting two steps away from the box looking up at me as if to say "I can smell my dinner, but where is it?"

Thankfully it was their feeding day today so he was probably extra hungry and really keen to get fed! Him and his sister and now curled up back in their tubs, in a cat free room, digesting their dinner.
Never felt so relieved in my life! Such annoying timing as well. Tomorrow I had planned to have their new split level cabinet enclosure finished and them moved into it.
At least after tomorrow I won't have to worry about that ever again! I'll post some photos up soon once I finish as set up their cabinet.

My sisters cat got to my geckos and i thought one was dead cause he wasn't moving then my mum put him paper towel i checked on him 3 hours later and he was fine the cat got a good spray with my water bottle for about ten minutes the gecko lost his tail but has been going on good and it was less than 24 hours of getting them

Panic stations indeed! If he hadn't come out when he did I'd probably still be tearing the room apart looking for him!
When the cats saw me enter the bedroom they ran off and hid. They certainly knew they were in trouble! Any time they showed any interest in the snakes and the tubs they were sprayed and told off, so I was actually very surprised they'd knocked over the tubs to begin with. They were probably playing too hard and knocked them over chasing each other.
Lesson learned, but hopefully not necessary after tomorrow!

@dragondragon, Glad to hear your gecko survived! Hopefully your cat learned its lesson. First thought running through my head was that the cats might have attacked Floyd when I realised he was missing! So relieve that it wasn't the case.

It didn't i keep seeing it eye off the tubs so i give him a spray and lock him in my sisters room when its bed time today he moved one of them off the heat source he cant really get to the geckos he just can move the tubs so i need to make some changes to my rack to cat proof it or just kill the cat which seems to be the better idea

It didn't i keep seeing it eye off the tubs so i give him a spray and lock him in my sisters room when its bed time today he moved one of them off the heat source he cant really get to the geckos he just can move the tubs so i need to make some changes to my rack to cat proof it or just kill the cat which seems to be the better idea

Or maybe you could just secure your animals.

I dont leave them out in the open for him to get i have got them in a rack but he can move them slightly he cant hurt them its more he is peeing me off by just moving them if you learnt how to read maybe you could notice i said that already you dont even know nothing about how i keep my animals so you should just mind your own bussiness and stop bringing negativity to this forum

Shame your cat got in but at least your Jungle returned for a feed, glad everything worked out okay in the end.

Glad my cat has self control ^^

Everyone stuffs up now and then. Guess the moral of the story is to just keep reptiles and ditch the cats :p

Well didn't get the cabinet finished until much later than expected, so tomorrow they'll get to go into their new home. Probably a good thing anyway since I fed them both last night and I don't really like handling them so soon after eating.
Also, I managed to get my hands on some fresh new vine. Is there anything people would recommend I do with them before I put them into the cabinets? They're still green, so not sure if I need to let them dry out first and/or spray them with F10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back