hatchling laceys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglelove

Reaction score
ok so i have 2 hatchling laceys that almost got squashed by a bob cat. they are 14 and 16gms and very flat. they are on heat and getting misted. ive had them for 2days and little improvement any tips?! ive bred baby monitors once but they were all healthy and active.

Any cuts? Blast some serious heat into them ( 55 degrees + basking spot) and feed them once warm!, 14 and 16 grams doesn't sound right, do not mist them either just leave them with a water bowl.

awesome thanks for the advice. we arent sure if they were premi if the construction guys opened the egg or not umbilical cord hasnt been absorbed. keeping a close eye on them. feeding wise do u suggest live food or red meat raw egg?

Cut up whole items, like little mice or day old quail and chickens. They will need some bone matter, organs, fur/feather and meat, in order to get all their required nutrients and roughage.

Junglelove, you can cut them very small so they are lickable bits, but insects are great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar incident when I used to volunteer for WIRES in sydney.

super warm basking spot, quiet enclosure, towel over the front, chopped pinky rats ( they can eat quite good sized pieces, I used a pinky rat chopped into 4-6 pieces) and minimal disturbance... Don't try checking on them, they are prone to stress when they're so small. Just monitor them by how much food they eat. If they're kept warm and have a steady food source available, they will eat fairly continually (unless there's another health issue)...

Plenty of substrate and hides to help them feel safe and secure....

Best of luck to you on this and feel free to PM me if you need any other info or assistance.... Simon

I would try both insects and chopped prey. Cut up the whole prey while they are still frozen. Things get a little messy if you cut them up once thawed.

Good luck : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back