Snake exhibition brings poison to life

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A NEW exhibition about snakes, spiders and jelly fish is showcasing Australia's long history of pioneering research into antivenene.
mf.gif
border="0"
|-
| valign="'middle'" |
| valign="'middle'" |
|-

a2t.img
XpDwudD871E

Published On: 24-Jun-13 12:11 AM
Source: via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

Am I the only one who has a mini brain hemorrhage whenever someone confuses "Venomous" with "Poisonous"?

All Venoms are poisons (of a sort, in that they cause detriment when introduced to an organism susceptible to them in a specific route), but not all poisons are venoms...

Sounds interesting.

As for the article, I like the first paragraph: "It's an exhibition about venom, fear and fascination, but it's not about the election and has no mention of politics."

I can recommend this exhibition. Loads of fascinating stuff. I have often heard the tragic story of the taipan which killed Kevin Budden in 1950, so it was amazing to see the preserved specimen of the actual snake.

I'll be going again before it closes. By the way, it was also great to hear Ken Winkel speak at the last VHS meeting. A really interesting talk which complemented the exhibition beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back