Antaresia identity help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_wade

Reaction score
I bought this girl as a female children's python about 2 years ago which makes her about 3 years old now. shes around the 250g mark and around 3 ft. all the children's i have seen don't have as dark markings as her still and iv'e been told different things by tons of different people. shes a children's, hybrid, spotted etc etc. so could anyone clarify or tell me a way to identify what she truly is?

thank you

childrens.jpg

childrens2.jpg

Cour and markings are very similar to geraldon stimmy, but i could be wrong.

im from the uk and stimsons are very rare over here and pricey so im assuming she would be a mac or childrens if anything. but i bought her as childrens and if you guys thinkshe looks like a childrens then thats good enough for me. thank you.

Childreni have a relatively pale to absent pattern that becomes more so with age. They have the smallest dark blotches of the three species in question. The blotches tend to be a rough irregular circle or oval shape but still with relatively smooth edges. The blotches occasionally coalesce transversely but almost never longitudinally.

Maculosus have a strong pattern of larger (on average), dark blotches. These tend to be very irregular in shape with particularly rough edges. They often coalesce transversely and longitudinally in the middle of the back.

Stimsoni have the largest dark blotches of all. They are smooth edged and often form dorsolateral or completely transverse bands. This species posses a distinctive pale stripe along the neck and anterior portion of the body, which stands out due to the paler ground colour providing starker contrast with the botches.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back