Aspen Chips or Kritter's Crumble

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghotar

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've recently picked up my first snake (adorable intergrade hatchie) and I'm not a huge fan of the shredded bark substrate I've got.
So I've done some reading and narrowed it down to two possible replacements, based on appearance and effectiveness in removing odours, moisture etc.

Can anyone who's tried out both Pura Chips and Kritter's Crumble tell me which they prefer and why?

Tariq

I've used kritters crumble since I first got my snake, at first I wasn't quite sure I liked it, after a year using it I though I would try the kittie litter pallets and during that time my snake had his first bad shed, I watched him all day trying to rub it off but it just wasn't coarse enough, so I've switched back and I don't think I would use anything else any time soon.

I've used kritters crumble since I first got my snake, at first I wasn't quite sure I liked it, after a year using it I though I would try the kittie litter pallets and during that time my snake had his first bad shed, I watched him all day trying to rub it off but it just wasn't coarse enough, so I've switched back and I don't think I would use anything else any time soon.

Interesting point. I've had my Woma on Aspen and he continually has bad sheds. I have moved my BHP to Kritter crumble (BHP also shedding badly) to see how he goes with it. I am about to try the Woma on a different brand of Aspen to see if this makes a difference. Happy to post results when/if I get something conclusive.

Kritter Crumble or Zoo Med Aspen (Not chips)

I think that's a good enough reason to go for the Kritter's Crumble. Thanks :)

Interesting point. I've had my Woma on Aspen and he continually has bad sheds. I have moved my BHP to Kritter crumble (BHP also shedding badly) to see how he goes with it. I am about to try the Woma on a different brand of Aspen to see if this makes a difference. Happy to post results when/if I get something conclusive.
Yeah, I'm really interested to hear how that goes

I used kritters krumble for ages but changed over to aspen about about 8 months ago. I much prefer the aspen as it isn't wet like the kritters krumble, it is easier to spot clean and last ages. I highly recommend giving it a try. I have no problems with feeding or shedding with the aspen.

I used kritters krumble for ages but changed over to aspen about about 8 months ago. I much prefer the aspen as it isn't wet like the kritters krumble, it is easier to spot clean and last ages. I highly recommend giving it a try. I have no problems with feeding or shedding with the aspen.
Which brand of aspen do you use?

I use wood shavings or hemp when I can get it and I have never had any problems. I provide solid rough surfaces in all of my enclosures for the purpose of shedding and also think changing the water every second day helps the snakes to stay well hydrated which in my opinion goes a long way to good sheds.

I use wood shavings or hemp when I can get it and I have never had any problems. I provide solid rough surfaces in all of my enclosures for the purpose of shedding and also think changing the water every second day helps the snakes to stay well hydrated which in my opinion goes a long way to good sheds.
I have a nice petrified wood branch thats nice and rough, for that reason. The little guy loves it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back