Who should I go to for my tattoo?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varanoidea

Reaction score
I live in the Newcastle/Maitland area of NSW, does anyone know of any artists with good reputations around? \

Thanks.

Really your 17 behave !!:lol: if that's you in the pic don't do it for a few years yet unless your trying to upset someone

2012,colours of the bay or fat ink in Newcastle. Don't go to precision ink (I think there still operating in centro Raymond Terrace).

Stay away from maitland ones not mentioning names though.

might be a silly idea, try getting some tattoo ink and next time your snake bites you rub some in and you have a tattoo of a genuine snake bite.

Sleeve Masters in Kings Cross. I know it's a fair bit away but as the sign above the door says, "A good tattoo is not cheap, A cheap tattoo is not good"

They have done the best work on me by far and are very professional, it's also the only place where I have had a tattoo and not reacted to the ink.

It really depends on what you want done. Just because someone is a "good artist", doesn't mean they are good at everything. Think about the style you want, then research specific artists rather than shops. Look at their portfolio (photos, not drawings) and see how good they are at doing that specific style. Also, not to sound like an old loser but think about it for a long time. It's gonna be there forever...

hey everyone sax is an old loser... lol *jokes* very good advice.. I had a tattoo i wanted at 18, kept it for a year and then i was a bit sick of it.. glad now i didnt get it hey..

If your going for a work of art and a big piece id search what artist in aus you like and hunt them down and travel for it..
there is good and GOOD when it comes to tattoo. google Jessy smith tattoo. He is in the states and will only tattoo you if you can come up with an original idea but hs use of colour is next level.. :)

Thanks for the replies, personal insults or otherwise. I don't plan on getting on for a while yet I was just curious.

I'm with Sax and Justdragons. Work out what you want and research some artists yourself, it's the best way. With something like tattoos it's all good for someone to say so and so is good, but everyone has different tastes so maybe you might not like the same style of their work.

It's even more so worth it if you plan on getting quite a bit of work done, if you form a good relationship with your artist being a repeat customer you can get better deals =p.

Definitely check the work done, each artist has their own style that they prefer to do eg:some love doing Japanese traditional, others prefer realism. Find an artist that works with the style you are looking for and go from there. It took me 8 months to find an artist I'm happy with. It's with you for life so don't hurry it !
As a first tattoo go small. You might not cope with the pain or react badly to the ink - I take ages (3weeks+) to heal properly with black ink, other colors around 10 days.
Another thing to keep in mind, most charge a minimum and then between $150 - $200 an hour and the more detail you want the longer it takes.

Think carefully about what you want and start saving. Don't go for the cheapest go for what you like the look of!
You'll be wearing it for life and sometimes bargain basement doesn't cut it.

Definitely think hard before getting it and make sure it's a design that you'll like later on as much as when you first got it (if that makes sense lol).

I got mine and I still love it purely because I drew the design myself (so it's nice and personal)and even then it took me 3 years to really think hard before getting it done.

With respect to pain, it's purely depends on you. A person's pain might be another person's pleasure. I had mine done in one go (6 hours) and it certainly feel a lot tender afterwards :).

Good luck, and try to make the best choice for yourself.

i have a tiger on my back, i got at 18 im 30 soon and now i wish i hadnt got the tribal pattern around it, but thats only because i want to make it more into a canvas shoulder to shoulder.
get a GREAT tattooist to do a great artwork. i had pete davidson of creative art and his daughter do mine, here in lismore, and wouldnt doubt the old bloke to do another

whilst i agree you should probably wait, if you want a good tattooist, even though hes not in newcastle, i thoroughly recommend Glenno at tattoo temple burwood! he does all my work, and i've won about 5 trophies from his work.

Hey mate if you want it get it , I got my first tattoo at 16 and it was a half sleeve , that was nearly 10 years ago and I've never regretted it and I'm covered in them now ! I agree when people say research the artist , but remember to be flexible they are artists and its their job so let them work because tattoos have to be tweaked to look good depending on where you get them and how your body flows with it. I'm not to sure about newy but wicked ink in penrith is a great shop and the illustrated man in Sydney ! Hope I could help

whatever you do dont go with the guy who says " ill tatto ya bro cheap too ay , just let me finish ma beer "........trust me , very very bad idea

or mates that are in the same situation (i.e. intoxicated ) that is an equally bad idea , or possibly worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back