Help needed sourcing mini bar fridge in Newcastle for incubator

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apprenticegnome

Reaction score
Been over some old posts on making an incubator from a glass door mini bar fridge but having trouble sourcing one at a reasonable price. Rang re-use centre but not a common commodity and cannot find a cheap second hand or new fridge. I am after 1 around 3 foot high or lower, working or non working (doesn't matter). If anybody out there could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Probably be cheaper to buy an actual incubator.
Once you've found and bought the fridge and done the conversion(not to mention the time spent sourcing everything), you're easily looking at $150+
Most egg incubators with about a 50-60 egg capacity are between $100-$150...

Probably be cheaper to buy an actual incubator.
Once you've found and bought the fridge and done the conversion(not to mention the time spent sourcing everything), you're easily looking at $150+
Most egg incubators with about a 50-60 egg capacity are between $100-$150...

Cheap incubators generally suck.

Try an get a freezer over a fridge, they have alot better insulation an hold temps a little bit better.

I working unit is great to if you need to keep temps down in summer, if not a couple cool bottles of water should lower temps in the event of warm weather.

Rick

Where in newcastle are you? I know where there's one sitting in someone's front yard, they obviously don't want it anymore.

Rogue5861;2368058 I working unit is great to if you need to keep temps down in summer said:
Do you just hook it up to thermostat with a cooling function as well?

You should have much better luck looking for one without a glass door.Easy enough to cut out a section of the door and replace with a bit of acrylic sheet.

Yeah, this one doesn't have a glass door, standard bar fridge. I looked for a ages for one with a glass door but too expensive. Lucky enough to score a free one off a mate, now just to convert it.

I got a glass door wine fridge off eBay the other week for $25, it was actually sold as not working/ for spare parts, but within 10 min of tinkering I got it working

I searched ebay before I started the thread but its hit and miss finding one for the right $ either shipped to the door or near enough to go and pickup. I'm needing to organise one fairly quickly as it looks like my blackheads may produce a clutch shortly.

You could try likenu appliances Broardmeadow or there is another place at Cardiff. Possibly the tip shop at Shortland.

Keep your eyes peeled and ask away if a fridge looks like its stuffed. Just check the seals.

Check out your local white goods stores (harvey norman, good guys ect). I picked up mine from there as they were just going to be scrapped.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back