Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davobmx

Reaction score
Every one is different and has there favourites, but for me pythons are just my solid 1st place favourite, I love the personality of lizards and monitors, And I can see the attraction in frogs and turtles, but I was wondering what animal you have a soft spot for if you are a python person.

Last edited:
I like my lizards but then there are snakes..... I would love one..... Mum......

If i could not keep Pythons for some reason i would go back to keeping Arachnids and invert's, for 20 or so years they were my passion but unfortunately i got bit by too many BES's and developed a really bad reaction to their venom, i still love Pythons with a vengeance but still drool whenever i see a Phlogiellus crassipes or a Selenocosmia, the sight of these species make alot of peoples blood run cold but it is the same with snakes for others, we are just lucky i guess :) ................................Ron

Female Phlogiellus crassipes

Attachments

• phlogius-crassipes-1.jpg
    phlogius-crassipes-1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 124
I like my lizards but then there are snakes..... I would love one..... Mum......
im sure u can talk her into it somehow. my mum HATES snakes and said she would never let one live in her house, even as a small enclosed, never out pet. not to sure how I got her to let me get one, just somehow talked her into it. I got my woma last month and shes slowly not minding so much. I know that after I took her to a reptile show and saw them she didn't seem as freaked out. anyway.... hope u can get it some day ;) it took me 4 years

im about even with dragons and snakes, but I think I like native pythons abit more with dragons close behind ;) other than reptiles it would have to be birds, mainly parrots

Last edited:
Geckos hands down for me. Not sure why it took me so long to get some :p Had pythons from day 1 though.

Got my first python at 13, after about 5 years of nagging. Heard it all from mum... if it gets out your father will kill it! Its never coming inside! bla bla bla... stereotypical ignorant comments. After 2 weeks, mum and dad would get my spotted out when i was at school and watch tv with him etc.... ohh then mum bought a diamond python for herself :p

After snakes its definitely dragons, they just have awesome little personalities. Besides reptiles I think my favourite animals are lions and tigers.

I would probably go with Geckos with my second choice at the moment, their really big smiles and big eyes, such cuties! I wish we could have leopard geckos, they are amazing!

Pythons first
Monitors second

I do love my elapids though, I also love central beardies and knob tailed gecko's are certainly becoming a fast favourite of mine.
In terms of other animals, I like: Big dogs, insects, arachnids, birds etc.
But reptiles are definitely number 1!

Birds would be next for me. My friend and i always go out and take photos of birds on the week ends :)

I also love my tarantulas & scorps. Marine & freshwater fish & inverts also.

But snakes are best :)

Women, especially the blonde and brunette phase. Very hard to find a quiet type though. Very expensive to house and maintain also. lol ;)

Snakes are my 1st. Well until 11 months ago when we had a little boy. Snakes are now number 2 and my boy is my favorite little animal in my care ;) He's awesome like his dad. :p

I also love my tarantulas & scorps. Marine & freshwater fish & inverts also.

But snakes are best :)

Cool Steve, what (sp) did you or do you keep, do you have any non AUS BES's, i had been nagging a big breeder in SYD to sell me a Selenocosmia Javanensis (from Indonesia) for a long time without any success, apparently they are very slow to breed in captivity, i wanted 1 because from all reports they are a very big and very laid back (sp) and i was starting to get bit toooooooo many times by our QLD (sp) sorry to the OP but i don't get to talk with many about my love of this sp :) .........................Ron

Female Selenocosmia Javanensis

Attachments

• Female Selencosmia Javanensis.jpg
    Female Selencosmia Javanensis.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 64
hmm so hard to choose between my dragons and geckos. but i'd say dragons as i can handle them and let them lose for a run around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back